Windows 10: Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors

Discus and support Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I understand this question has been asked years ago. I'm looking to just continue bugging Microsoft to implement such a simple feature. When operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jorro11, May 1, 2022.

1. Jorro11 Win User

Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors

I understand this question has been asked years ago. I'm looking to just continue bugging Microsoft to implement such a simple feature. When operating with a secondary monitor in portrait mode, why is there no keyboard shortcut to snap to the top/bottom halves of the portrait monitor?

:)

Jorro11, May 1, 2022
  2. Digijan Win User

Snap Assist to top and bottom in portrait mode

I work in Portrait on my desktop and have found an almost-but-not-quite solution building on Eeshwar's suggestion.

1) Snap a window to one of the corners. For this purpose we'll say you have your notes app and Snap it to bottom-left or bottom-right.

2) Size the snapped window horizontally to fill the screen

3) Snap "top" window to either top corner - the window will match the size of your previously-snapped bottom window and fill the rest of the screen.

This solution has drawbacks:

1) Extra step - you must resize the initial window after snapping

2) No official keyboard shortcuts

Digijan, May 1, 2022
  3. Young C Win User
    portrait mode window snaps

I there a way to make window snap so that they are split horizontally when using portrait mode?

I use sp3 in portrait mode all the time and having the windows snap vertically as usual is just ridiculous.

If not, it would be really helpful if there is a way to make them snap top and bottom by dragging the windows top and bottom respectively

Young C, May 1, 2022
  4. mdj024 Win User

snap window with multiple monitors in portrait display mode

How can we use snap features in Windows 10 if our multiple monitors are in portrait display mode? One idea was:

"You can assign new hotkeys (like Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down) on the Settings > Functions tab. The functions you're looking for are called "Size and Move Window to Top/Bottom Side"

I cannot find "Settings > Functions" or a "hotkeys editor" to do this.

mdj024, May 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors - Similar Threads - Window Snapping Portrait

2. "Snap to" with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Snap to" with multiple monitors: Hi I am loving Windows 11 great job. I am a graphic designer and use a multiple monitor setup. How "snap to" works is great, but I use a laptop and an external monitor to extend the screen, it would be nice if I try to snap an open window there are no options to snap it to my...
  3. Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors

Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors: I understand this question has been asked years ago. I'm looking to just continue bugging Microsoft to implement such a simple feature. When operating with a secondary monitor in portrait mode, why is there no keyboard shortcut to snap to the top/bottom halves of the portrait...
  4. Snap in Windows to top and bottom in portrait mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap in Windows to top and bottom in portrait mode?: How do you snap in Windows to top and bottom in portrait mode like you easily can in horizontal mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-in-windows-to-top-and-bottom-in-portrait-mode/4aaed6f2-c025-4cd1-8f6e-5a3bb5769e13
  5. Snap in Windows to top and bottom in portrait mode?

Snap in Windows to top and bottom in portrait mode?: How do you snap in Windows to top and bottom in portrait mode like you easily can in horizontal mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-in-windows-to-top-and-bottom-in-portrait-mode/4aaed6f2-c025-4cd1-8f6e-5a3bb5769e13
  6. Snap in Windows to top and bottom in portrait mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Snap windows in portrait mode

Snap windows in portrait mode: Hi all,Looking for some help here. Allow me to share my set-up.I have two external monitors, one i use directly infront of me in traditional landscape mode - and the other to the right in portrait orientation. I mainly use this 2nd screen for my instant messaging function...
  8. snap window with multiple monitors in portrait display mode

snap window with multiple monitors in portrait display mode: How can we use snap features in Windows 10 if our multiple monitors are in portrait display mode? One idea was: "You can assign new hotkeys (like Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down) on the Settings > Functions tab. The functions you're looking for are called "Size and Move Window to...
  9. snap with multiple monitors in portrait deisplay mode

snap with multiple monitors in portrait deisplay mode: How can we use snap features in Windows 10 if our multiple monitors are in portrait display mode? One idea was: "You can assign new hotkeys (like Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down) on the Settings > Functions tab. The functions you're looking for are called "Size and Move Window to...
  10. Change Monitor to Portrait

Change Monitor to Portrait: Split from this thread. monitor needs changing to 'portrait/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-monitor-to-portrait/921f15f9-ce8b-49ae-a5ab-7ead79b41981