Windows 10: Window sound input/output issue-plz help

Discus and support Window sound input/output issue-plz help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! Can anyone help me fix the sound settings? Even when I connect my headphones to my computer, I have to manually change the output device in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by S0J, Dec 21, 2020.

1. S0J
    S0J Win User

Window sound input/output issue-plz help

Hi! Can anyone help me fix the sound settings?

Even when I connect my headphones to my computer, I have to manually change the output device in the settings to hear any sounds from my headphone.

Is there any way that my computer can automatically change the input/output device based on my audio device?

Thanks in advance :-

:)

2. Shawn Brink, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 21, 2020
  4. syddom93 Win User

no input or output audio devices found

Unfortunately, that did not work. There is something listed under the sound now in the device manager and that says it is functioning, but i still have no sound and it states there are no input and output devices.

syddom93, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Window sound input/output issue-plz help - Similar Threads - Window sound input

2. Audio input and output issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio input and output issues: Hi I'm using MECER Z140 , I've installed a new windows but my laptop doesn't have audio input and output, I've tried installing new audio drivers but still no luck, I get an error message that says " windows found drivers for your device but but encountered an error while...
  3. Audio input and output issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input and output issues: Hi I'm using MECER Z140 , I've installed a new windows but my laptop doesn't have audio input and output, I've tried installing new audio drivers but still no luck, I get an error message that says " windows found drivers for your device but but encountered an error while...
  4. Changing Input and output sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Input and output sound: When I pair my Bose wireless with my computer they show up connected to the sound input, how do i make them link to the output so I can hear. I'm sure it's a simple setting I am missing....
  5. Input and output Sound

Input and output Sound: Hi there! I need help with my Input and Output sound. I have recently bought headphones that had a mic on the cable. When I switched the headphones as my output it doesn't show my headphones mic as an input. But if I put my headphones mic as in input it doesn't put my...
  6. Issues with Sound Output and Input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Sound Output and Input: Received new ThjnkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8 direct from Lenovo this week and experienced issues with internal microphone unplugging and speakers not working. After watching a few YouTube videos that were not helpful I used Lenovo Service Bridge which resulted in downloading new...
  7. Sound input and output

Sound input and output: I was wondering, how do I make it so that the input and output of sound, basically the microphone and earphone, are in the same place, as I don't have headphones but still want to use my microphone on the earphones...
  8. HELP! new laptop with audio issue. Says no input or output device connected. Plz help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! new laptop with audio issue. Says no input or output device connected. Plz help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Johns1415 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp24yf/help_new_laptop_with_audio_issue_says_no_input_or/
  9. no input or output sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no input or output sounds: i recently did a hard reset now sound nor mic are working i am on an rca 2 n 1 windows10 also my touch screen is all screwy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-input-or-output-sounds/fb9550bd-6813-4bd2-be12-c6d35d2c47da
  10. Audio Input/Output Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Input/Output Issues: Hey all! Today is the 2nd day with my new computer that I built and I am having some issues with audio. I am running a gigabyte motherboard- which is great btw. BUT, I have 2 separate outputs for a microphone and audio. Is it possible that I can use my earbuds/headphones...