Windows 10: Window spotlight is not working

Discus and support Window spotlight is not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Window spotlight is not working and showing in one color background in lock screen. I tried to switch picture or slide show in "lock screen" setting,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by K_lee970701, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Window spotlight is not working

Window spotlight is not working and showing in one color background in lock screen. I tried to switch picture or slide show in "lock screen" setting, then restart the computer. Then pick "window spotlight" in the "lock screen" setting. there is still one color background to click "window" + "L"

please advise how to fix and what the reason in behind

many thank

Kelvin

:)

K_lee970701, Aug 6, 2020

2. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Window spotlight is not working

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Window spotlight is not working

1. Window spotlight is not working - Similar Threads - Window spotlight working

2. Windows Spotlight is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight is not working.: Hello everyoneI have Windows 11 v 23H2One of the features I like the most is the Windows spotlight feature where the desktop wallpaper changes every few days. However, this has stopped working for a few weeks and now is stuck on 1 picture. When I right-click on the spotlight...
  3. Windows Spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight not working: in Settings>Personalization>Background, I am not able to switch the 'Personalize your background' to Spotlight. When i click the list next to 'Personalize your background' and click on 'Windows Spotlight', This is what happens :- It won't let me select the 'Windows Spotlight'...
  4. Windows Spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight not working: in Settings>Personalization>Background, I am not able to switch the 'Personalize your background' to Spotlight. When i click the list next to 'Personalize your background' and click on 'Windows Spotlight', This is what happens :- It won't let me select the 'Windows Spotlight'...
  5. Windows Spotlight not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight not working.: My windows spotlight hasn't been working/changing for a while now. It has been stuck on the default wallpaper. Any ways to combat this issue would be highly appreciated....
  6. windows spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows spotlight not working: So, My windows spotlight doesn't work when the computer starts , it shows the default windows 11 wallpaper but when i go to lock screen again after 15 min of started of pc the wallpaper changes to spotlight one can somebody help? thanks!...
  7. Windows Spotlight Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight Not Working: The windows spotlight feature on my PC isn’t working, it either shows a blank blue screen or the mountain picture I’m sure everyone has seen before. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to fix it? I’m short of ideas besides wiping my computer, which is rather...
  8. Windows Spotlight Not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Not working.: Windows spotlight not working on my Windows 10 1909 even after deleting the files in content delivery manager folder (assets folder). After deleting the files, only an accent colour (chosen from desktop background) is seen on the lock seen. Please help me with this issue....
  9. Windows Spotlight is not working

Windows Spotlight is not working: Hi, When I changed my Windows Lockscreen to Windows Spotlight, it reverted back to Picture. I perform some fixing procedure by looking to Windows Central, but it increased the issue. Now, If I applied windows spotlight, it appears blank & same happened at lock screen also....
  10. Windows Spotlight not working.

Windows Spotlight not working.: Microsoft downloading a new lock screen photo daily has suddenly stopped. I have tried several "solutions" on the net to include regedits. One of these solutions suggests going to web/screen and deleting img105 (this is the beginning of their solution). When I go to...