Windows 10: Window start button is not working.

Discus and support Window start button is not working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried restarting window explorer and sfc scan. But it doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PRATHAMSINGH1, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Window start button is not working.

I have tried restarting window explorer and sfc scan. But it doesn't work.

:)

PRATHAMSINGH1, Jun 12, 2021
  2. twiggs462 Win User

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Window start button is not working.

Why is my start button not working?

Hello,

I understand your inconvenience with accessing Start button, icons on Taskbar in Windows 10, we well help you with this issue.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.
    Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope this information is helpful. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Window start button is not working.

1. Window start button is not working. - Similar Threads - Window start button

2. Windows Start Button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start Button not working: All of a sudden the start button wasn't working. This included the search bar. Even the search bar in file explorer was not working. After some testing I found this was profile related. Instead of creating a new profile, we used a different laptop with the same profile. It...
  3. Windows Start Button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Button not working: All of a sudden the start button wasn't working. This included the search bar. Even the search bar in file explorer was not working. After some testing I found this was profile related. Instead of creating a new profile, we used a different laptop with the same profile. It...
  4. Windows Start Button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows start button will not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows start button will not work: Windows did a big update and now I cannot do anything. I cannot get into any windows program to even try and fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-will-not-work/50be29fd-ab93-49c0-a798-22ce8c97c858
  6. windows start button will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows start button will not work: Windows did a big update and now I cannot do anything. I cannot get into any windows program to even try and fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-will-not-work/50be29fd-ab93-49c0-a798-22ce8c97c858
  7. Windows Start Button not working

Windows Start Button not working: How to fix windows start button not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-not-working/e68577c6-8fb5-432a-8be6-f0ee968bfb8c
  8. windows start button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows start button not working: windows 10 start button not working and notification button not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-not-working/b975f0a0-6e50-40a7-bb22-515d27f6d2f0
  9. Start (Windows) Button not working

Start (Windows) Button not working: My Windows button Start Menu on my Dell Laptop stopped working and is unresponsive to any clicks. I am unable to access software and other major functionalities on my computer due to this. I tried updating Windows 10 version as well, but after many hours of preparing and...
  10. Start(Windows) button not working!!!!!!

Start(Windows) button not working!!!!!!: Start menu in Windows 10 Home is not opening(From both keyboard and display button). I have tried all ways and solutions given on the previously asked same question. Still not working!!!...