Windows 10: Window Store app failing

Discus and support Window Store app failing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, After working with Microsoft support for 2 weeks and many support sessions, they have suggested that my problem should be resolved with upcoming... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by bpelle, Apr 28, 2019.

1. bpelle Win User

Window Store app failing

Hi,

After working with Microsoft support for 2 weeks and many support sessions, they have suggested that my problem should be resolved with upcoming weekly Windows updates.

My issue is regarding (1) Windows Store app itself and (2) Store apps failing updates.

(1) Windows store app disappears after a period of time

(2) When windows store app is available, my installed app updates all fail

With Microsoft support, we've reinstalled OS several times in addition to doing OS repairs and in-place re-installations. The last re-installation, I decided to delete all Mfg partitions also. I now have one drive partition only.

Generally speaking, after any of these actions, Windows Store app reappears and is available and functioning for 2 - 3 days.

After that time period, app updates all fail.

Then, whenever we have reset the Windows Store app itself, it then disappears.

We repeat the troubleshooting process (OS repair or re-installation or in-place repair) and we reach this same result.

I've observed support:

working in Power Shell

try adding new user accounts (taking an extended period of time to complete and usually cancelling the attempt)

From the command prompt, running

wsreset

DISM

scannow

along with my other commands.

:)

bpelle, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Apr 28, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Window Store app failing

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Window Store app failing

1. Window Store app failing - Similar Threads - Window Store app

2. Windows Store fails to update apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store fails to update apps: When I try to update my games, it fails like in the picture.The only way to make it work again is to completely uninstall and reinstall the games, but after a while this happens again. Is there a way to fix this without having to download these whole games again and...
  3. Windows Store fails to update apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store fails to update apps: When I try to update my games, it fails like in the picture.The only way to make it work again is to completely uninstall and reinstall the games, but after a while this happens again. Is there a way to fix this without having to download these whole games again and...
  4. Windows Store fails to update apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Store fails to update apps

Windows Store fails to update apps: When I try to update my games, it fails like in the picture.The only way to make it work again is to completely uninstall and reinstall the games, but after a while this happens again. Is there a way to fix this without having to download these whole games again and again?...
  6. Store app failed to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store app failed to open: This is Windows 10 PC and my MS Store failed to open properly. I launched it then it will immediately shut itself without any loading or anything. The screen flashes without a second then nothing at all. I dont need to deal with this issue before but now I cant open it at...
  7. Store app failed to open

Store app failed to open: This is Windows 10 PC and my MS Store failed to open properly. I launched it then it will immediately shut itself without any loading or anything. The screen flashes without a second then nothing at all. I dont need to deal with this issue before but now I cant open it at...
  8. Store apps failed to update

Store apps failed to update: My store apps failed to update. I went to library of Store and saw some apps needs to update however I receive error that something went wrong. I close and re open store to try again and receives the same. I have run the troubleshooter and log out then log back in then shows...
  9. Store apps failed to update

Store apps failed to update: My store apps failed to update. I went to library of Store and saw some apps needs to update however I receive error that something went wrong. I close and re open store to try again and receives the same. I have run the troubleshooter and log out then log back in then shows...
  10. Windows Store Apps update fails

Windows Store Apps update fails: All Windows Store apps that I have fail when they are automatically updated. Here's what I just got in my event log. Event ID 20 - Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070002: OneNote. When I go into the Store and look at...