Windows 10: Window switch when pressing 1 key

Discus and support Window switch when pressing 1 key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this is weird and something I've never seen before. First, the details: Windows 10 Pro (1803 and yes, I know, I need to get it to 1909). Basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rybussell, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Window switch when pressing 1 key

So this is weird and something I've never seen before. First, the details:

Windows 10 Pro (1803 and yes, I know, I need to get it to 1909).

Basically I run powershell sometimes to do a lot of my AD work. Setting out of office, creating accounts, etc...
    What's weird is that when I press the 1 key across my top row, regardless of if I do it in chrome, Word, Excel, notepad, etc, if I have powershell up then my focused screen becomes Powershell. If I use the numpad on the right then it doesn't switch focused window.

If I do autotype from KeePass and the username or password has a 1 in it then it also switches to the powershell window. If Powershell isn't running then it outputs a 1 as expected.

I've searched the Googles and the duckduckgos and I don't see this anywhere else. Anyone seen this before? Know how to stop it?

submitted by /u/rybussell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rybussell, Feb 14, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 14, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Window switch when pressing 1 key

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Window switch when pressing 1 key

1. Window switch when pressing 1 key - Similar Threads - Window switch pressing

2. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  3. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  4. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  5. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  6. pressing Shift + W + 1 does not detect the 1 key-press

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pressing Shift + W + 1 does not detect the 1 key-press: When I press Shift + W, I can press any other key such as 2, 3, etc. but 1 is not detected.Pressing any other alphabet key such as Q, E, etc. + 1 is detected as well.But only when pressing Shift + W + 1, the 1 is not registered.This is very annoying as when I am playing a...
  7. Touchpad unusable when key pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad unusable when key pressed: Can't move cursor when a key is pressed. I use Elan touchpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-unusable-when-key-pressed/59c34dcd-0633-4ee6-b30a-5e64e2c1f356
  8. Monitors go black when switching or pressing Windows Key...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors go black when switching or pressing Windows Key...: Only recently, my monitors went black when pressing windows key when playing a game or if i switch to my 2nd monitor both monitors go Black once i click on the other monitor it's happened since i installed Geforce Nvidia if you have any ideas for a way to fix this then pls...
  9. Tones When Pressing Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Tones When Pressing Keys: Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have progressively lower pitch, immediately followed by a four-tone signal, which have progressively higher pitch. This is the same...
  10. Search applications when pressing Windows key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search applications when pressing Windows key?: In Windows 7/8/8.1 I would press the Start/Windows button and start typing the name of a program (ie: Firefox, Word, etc) and it would pop up, learn, and as I did the same thing in the future.....I would just press Windows key, type wor, and Word would pop up and I press...