Windows 10: Window + Tab key combo not working

Discus and support Window + Tab key combo not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When trying to use this combination it will open up the menu that the windows key brings up, both keys still work and Alt + Tab still works along with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lochlan Soderberg, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Window + Tab key combo not working

When trying to use this combination it will open up the menu that the windows key brings up, both keys still work and Alt + Tab still works along with Windows combinations, just not Windows + TabI use windows 11

:)

Lochlan Soderberg, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcuts and key combo stopped working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2: You may check if the Ctrl key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard).

• And check if it works.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Tab key stopped working

Hi Don,

To resolve your issue, follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Alt-key.
    • Press 0 0 9 on the numeric pad.
    • Release the Alt-key.

This is the alternate method of getting a TAB character.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Jan 31, 2023
  4. IPadil Win User

Window + Tab key combo not working

Tab key not working

So... having a problem where tab ket, alt 009 and alt i are not working. Shift tab, alt tab and other combo pairs work fine. On board keyboard tab doesn't work either. Tried uninstalling keyboard driver and reinstalling it, did not fix. Help?

IPadil, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

Window + Tab key combo not working

1. Window + Tab key combo not working - Similar Threads - Window Tab key

2. Window + Tab key combo not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window + Tab key combo not working: When trying to use this combination it will open up the menu that the windows key brings up, both keys still work and Alt + Tab still works along with Windows combinations, just not Windows + TabI use windows 11...
  3. Backslash Key Won't Work Regularly, but Works With Other Key Combos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backslash Key Won't Work Regularly, but Works With Other Key Combos: As of a few hours ago, my backslash \ won't work/type on its own when pressing that solely. If I use Win + \, it types the backslash like normal. Using Shift + \ will type the normally. It's clearly not a keyboard issue considering this was working earlier today, and...
  4. Backslash Key Won't Work Regularly, but Works With Other Key Combos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backslash Key Won't Work Regularly, but Works With Other Key Combos: As of a few hours ago, my backslash \ won't work/type on its own when pressing that solely. If I use Win + \, it types the backslash like normal. Using Shift + \ will type the normally. It's clearly not a keyboard issue considering this was working earlier today, and...
  5. TAB Key not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    TAB Key not working: Hello I recently was switching out keys for my keyboard and for some reason my TAB key was set to qwerty[. My guess is that since I my keyboard was plugged while I was inputting new switches it somehow change the settings for my keyboard and now my TAB key is layed out as...
  6. Tab key no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tab key no longer working: Hello, My HP computer went through a Windows update last night. Now, the Tab key no longer works. It doe not work for my physical keyboard and it also does not work for the on screen keyboard when I pull that up and try that. Running trouble shooter found no problems....
  7. Tab key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tab key not working: Tab key doesn't work at all even if i plug in a different keyboard that i know has a functioning tab key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tab-key-not-working/1160554c-0d5a-4139-bca9-aafa57290d6a
  8. Tab key is not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tab key is not working properly: Keyboard and tab key are working fine, but tab is acting differently. I guess i might have changed some setting through some short cut, since i did not explicitly change any setting with the GUI. Set focus with mouse to the text box and pressing tab in terminal's vim, word,...
  9. A way to bind a key combo to tab into a particular window / application?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A way to bind a key combo to tab into a particular window / application?: For example. I can bind “ ALT + NUMPAD 1 “ To always tab into opening up the same window for Spotify or whatever app/window I assigned it to I have to use multiple applications but don’t have 2 screens at the moment and need to constantly check between windows , I know I can...
  10. How to assign Windows key combo to shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to assign Windows key combo to shortcut?: I'm trying to make Win + C open the Calculator, but the Shortcut key field in Properties (from the Desktop shortcut) doesn't register a Win key press (just Ctrl or Alt or Del or a letter). Is there some way to do this? 97084