Windows 10: Window taskbar icon missing after windows 10 update

Discus and support Window taskbar icon missing after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just bought my laptop and did the necssary setup using a local account. After installation of microsoft office software, google chrome and adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeishanOng, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Window taskbar icon missing after windows 10 update

I have just bought my laptop and did the necssary setup using a local account. After installation of microsoft office software, google chrome and adobe reader, i was directed to system update to restart my laptop yesterday.

There was nothing workng at first but when i exited hibernation mode, i noticed that the taskbar icons have disappeared. My laptop os new so i do not think that is the problem and i did have much softwares installed. What is wrong with it? How can i resolve it.

:)

MeishanOng, Sep 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 Attains RTM Status

Interesting; did a Windows 8.1 update and after reboot there is an icon on the taskbar......When you mouse over it, it states "Get Windows 10." *Stick Out Tongue Window taskbar icon missing after windows 10 update :p

stinger608, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add Windows 7 Taskbar icon GPU freq./temperature/RAM used meter

Please add an option (which will also require an Options/Settings screen however, or else the main menu will be too cluttered) to have the GPU freq., temperature, videoRAM used and/or maybe GPU load shown in the program taskbar icon on Windows 7.
    It could have two options - cycle between modes (for example about each 10 seconds), or always show the same value - for example, GPU temp or load/etc.
    See how Core Temp does this for an example. (WinZIP also shows such a meter when decompressing archives.)

What do you think, could this be useful?

C++ examples here:
    Windows 7 Taskbar Dynamic Overlay Icons and Progress Bars
    http://blogs.windows.com/windows/ar...-dynamic-overlay-icons-and-progress-bars.aspx
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/42345/Windows-7-Goodies-in-C-Taskbar-Progress-and-Status

4. Rose Cal Win User

Window taskbar icon missing after windows 10 update

Blank icon on taskbar windows 10

Hi Jirad,

Corrupted system files or application may be one of the possible causes why some icons in your Taskbar is missing. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with the 3 apps you've mention or with other application also?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to click those apps with missing icons in your Taskbar?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Guru Khan G on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot missing Taskbar icons. This will also help you
    scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Window taskbar icon missing after windows 10 update

1. Window taskbar icon missing after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Window taskbar icon

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing: Hello, I've noticed that some of the icons on my Windows 10 taskbar have gone missing. Specifically, icons for certain apps are not showing up, even though the apps are still installed on my computer. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and checking the icon settings, but...
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing: Hello, I've noticed that some of the icons on my Windows 10 taskbar have gone missing. Specifically, icons for certain apps are not showing up, even though the apps are still installed on my computer. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and checking the icon settings, but...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Update Icon in Taskbar is Missing

Windows 10 Update Icon in Taskbar is Missing: Until recently, when there were updates to download, I'd get an icon in my taskbar that let me know they were ready to download. Also, when I would shut down the computer, I'd get "Update and Shut Down" instead of just "Shut Down" when using Start > Power Button. These have...
  6. Windows 10 Update Icon in Taskbar is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Icon in Taskbar is Missing: Until recently, when there were updates to download, I'd get an icon in my taskbar that let me know they were ready to download. Also, when I would shut down the computer, I'd get "Update and Shut Down" instead of just "Shut Down" when using Start > Power Button. These have...
  7. Windows 10 Update Icon in Taskbar is Missing

8. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

Taskbar Icons Missing After Update: After the last update, some of my taskbar icons are missing. The apps themselves are still there, it's just that the space where the icon should be is all black. The ones affected are: Mail, iCloud and Voice Recorder. I have tried unpinning and resetting but the result is...
  9. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons Missing After Update: After the last update, some of my taskbar icons are missing. The apps themselves are still there, it's just that the space where the icon should be is all black. The ones affected are: Mail, iCloud and Voice Recorder. I have tried unpinning and resetting but the result is...
  10. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop taskbar after windows update

2. taskbar and desktop icons missing after windows 8.1 update

3. how to find application according icon W10

4. icons lost after windows phone update,
  5. taskbar icon missing after windows update,
  6. taskbar customization disappears after upgrade windows 10,
  7. missing clock on taskbar after windows 10 update,
  8. windows 10 icons missing on taskbar after update,
  9. taskbar icons missing after WIndows update