Windows 10: Window That Opens From App too big (vertically) For Screen ?

Discus and support Window That Opens From App too big (vertically) For Screen ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Always something aggravating: (W10) Any help with this would be appreciated. Have an App I open. Can drag the top or bottom to make the vertical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, May 4, 2021.

1. Robert11 Win User

Window That Opens From App too big (vertically) For Screen ?

Hi, Always something aggravating: (W10) Any help with this would be appreciated. Have an App I open. Can drag the top or bottom to make the vertical dim's that show up on the screen different. Fine. But if I open a window on the App, what opens up takes the full screen in the vertical dimension. The last line of which is covered by the Taskbar. I can drag the top edge down, but I can't grab the bottom edge (to move upwards) as it seems to remain hidden irrespective of whatever I do. So, I moved the task bar to the edge, vertical, but apparently this doesn't help. Any thoughts on how to see the bottom 10 or 15 % of the window that opens from the App ? Or, how to resize just the window that opens up from the App ? (the App dims itself are just fine) Tried the Windows Magnifier, but this won't do it. Thanks, Bob

:)

Robert11, May 4, 2021
  2. Robert11 Win User

Hi,

Always something aggravating: (W10)

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Have an App I open.
    Can drag the top or bottom to make the vertical dim's that show up on the screen different. Fine.

But if I open a window on the App, what opens up takes the full screen in the vertical dimension.
    The last line of which is covered by the Taskbar.

I can drag the top edge down, but I can't grab the bottom edge (to move upwards)
    as it seems to remain hidden irrespective of whatever I do.

So, I moved the task bar to the edge, vertical, but apparently this doesn't help.

Any thoughts on how to see the bottom 10 or 15 % of the window that opens from the App ?
    Or, how to resize just the window that opens up from the App ? (the App dims itself are just fine)

Tried the Windows Magnifier, but this won't do it.

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, May 4, 2021
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, May 4, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

This reminded me of one such- File Metatdata's configuration window. When launched it's elther too large vertically for my laptop screen, or, at present, the titlebar is off screen.

I wrote a small Autohotkey script (3 or 4 lines) which
    a. Launches it
    b. Maximises the window

I compiled that (one rt click), created a shortcut to that which I put in my start menu. It now behaves itself.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Window That Opens From App too big (vertically) For Screen ? - Similar Threads - Window Opens App

2. Screen too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen too big: My windows 10 screen is too big and I don’t know how to revert back. When I turn the laptop on, it is too big and I cannot click anything to log in. I cannot access resolution and magnifier does not work. I tried the hold shift and restart but that has failed too....
  3. Display is TOO big

Display is TOO big: Am I the only person with this problem?? I've hunted everywhere! I recently got a new computer with Windows 10. I also got a new monitor. The monitor I got is a 32" very wide screen. I don't know if my issue is due to the screen or W10. I've adjusted my size to as low...
  4. Screen size too big

Screen size too big: Hey everyone My monitor dies so I temporarily theived a 13' led toshiba tv I have around. Connected via HDMI Running Windows 10 insider latest build My desktop is way too large to fit on the screen. I have to drag the tasl bar up to its maximum height just to see it....
  5. My screen resolution is too big

My screen resolution is too big: My screen resolution is too big and i cant see the most things.I have windows 10 and a Nvidia GeForce 1050 please help.Btw i have a tv for a monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-resolution-is-too-big/7bb6c088-426a-448c-aee2-ac6b0bcc7dc9
  6. Screen too big of Panda Pop

Screen too big of Panda Pop: I play Panda Pop, on Facebook, a lot, but a while back the picture of the game became narrow and longer. I have to scroll up and down to see what's going on at the top and bottom! It is very frustrating! Is there some way to fix this? I have no idea what happened to...
  7. Windows login screen way too big

Windows login screen way too big: Hey, so I recently logged in today when on the login screen the font was way to big, and I can’t seem to do anything, can’t even enter in my password to login and access the settings to change my screen resoultion. Anyone have a fix for this?...
  8. fonts are too big

in Windows 10 Support
    fonts are too big: My wife hit something and now my fonts are too big. I'd like to get the letters back to the smaller version as they are waaaay too big. Can anyone help? 105368
  9. Opening pic on screen too big....

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening pic on screen too big....: Finally given up trying to find how ro reduce the size of a pic on the start up screen, the one that shows the date and time..... Appreciate any help thanks. *Smile 97703
  10. Screen too Big!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen too Big!: My laptop is connected to my HD TV via an HDTV cable. But the blown-up screen encroaches beyond the 42"HD frame, so I have a difficult time scrolling, getting to the bottom and top bars. I want to settings and display, but I couldn't figure out how to shrink the screen enough...