Windows 10: Window transfer - HDD to SSD

Discus and support Window transfer - HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I want to upgrade my 4yr old laptop's drive from HDD to SSD as it will improve my systems performance. I want to install a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shank1, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Shank1 Win User

Window transfer - HDD to SSD

Hello Everyone,

I want to upgrade my 4yr old laptop's drive from HDD to SSD as it will improve my systems performance. I want to install a fresh Window 10 on SSD but unable to find my 'Window key' currently using window 10.

Is there any way through which I can make bootable 'External Drive' for my window and use that drive to fresh install window 10 on SSD, without worrying about Window Key?

Please, Suggest some measure or any other alternative way to do the same.

:)

Shank1, Jan 4, 2021

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Transfer Windows from HDD to SSD?

I have Lenovo Ideapad 320s 14IKB laptop with HDD. My laptop also has an extra slot for SSD. I am planning to add SSD in that slot and want to transfer windows 10 to SSD so that it boots from SSD.

Q. How do I transfer Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

Q. After transferring, how to I activate the Windows?

Q. Will I lose the apps that are installed in C drive of HDD?

I would really appreciate any help with my process. Thank You.

Nikhil_320s, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Window transfer - HDD to SSD

Windows transfer from HDD to SSD?

I have the Lenovo Ideapad 320s laptop with HDD. My laptop also has an additional slot for SSD. I am planning to add SSD in that slot and I want to transfer Windows 10 to SSD to boot from SSD.

How do I transfer Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

ThaisSilva8, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Window transfer - HDD to SSD

1. Window transfer - HDD to SSD - Similar Threads - Window transfer HDD

2. Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD: Hi, I decided to purchase a SSD, so the problem is that I have windows activated with an OEM key in my HDD, I know that the OEM key is linked to the Motherboard, so if I install the SSD, will I have windows activated in both HDD and SSD?Thanks in advance....
  3. Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD: Hi, I decided to purchase a SSD, so the problem is that I have windows activated with an OEM key in my HDD, I know that the OEM key is linked to the Motherboard, so if I install the SSD, will I have windows activated in both HDD and SSD?Thanks in advance....
  4. Windows transfer from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows transfer from HDD to SSD: I was wondering if it was possible to switch Windows from one internal drive to another. I have an HDD from another, older computer with Windows 10 pro already installed and with a license. However, in the PC I currently plan on building, I would like to use an SSD as my boot...
  5. Genuine Windows transfer from HDD to SSD

Genuine Windows transfer from HDD to SSD: I bought a Asus Tuf FX 570U last year with genuine Windows 10 pre-installed onto the provided SATA HDD. Recently I got and 240GB SSD drive installed into my laptop. I want to move my genuine Windows from my HDD to SSD. Help me out with the procedure to be followed in this...
  6. transfer of windows 10 from hdd to ssd

transfer of windows 10 from hdd to ssd: I have windows 10 pre installed on my laptop, OPM. it now on my hdd, I want to transfer it from hdd to ssd which I install by myself . is it possible? or not? if possible please explain the process....
  7. Transfer SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer SSD to HDD: Is it possible to transfer all the data from my SSD to my HDD? I've been looking for a way to this, but haven't found a way to do so. submitted by /u/Sl0thZombi3s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpzv4w/transfer_ssd_to_hdd/
  8. Transfer Windows from HDD to SSD?

Transfer Windows from HDD to SSD?: I have the Lenovo Ideapad 320s laptop with HDD. My laptop also has an additional slot for SSD. I am planning to add SSD in that slot and I want to transfer Windows 10 to SSD to boot from SSD. How do I transfer Windows 10 from HDD to SSD? I would really appreciate any help...
  9. Windows transfer from HDD to SSD?

Windows transfer from HDD to SSD?: I have the Lenovo Ideapad 320s laptop with HDD. My laptop also has an additional slot for SSD. I am planning to add SSD in that slot and I want to transfer Windows 10 to SSD to boot from SSD. How do I transfer Windows 10 from HDD to SSD? I would really appreciate any help....
  10. Transfer Windows from HDD to SSD?

Transfer Windows from HDD to SSD?: I have Lenovo Ideapad 320s 14IKB laptop with HDD. My laptop also has an extra slot for SSD. I am planning to add SSD in that slot and want to transfer windows 10 to SSD so that it boots from SSD. Q. How do I transfer Windows 10 from HDD to SSD? Q. After transferring, how...