Windows 10: Window Update broken 1/069/2016

Discus and support Window Update broken 1/069/2016 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Up until 1/09/2019 when Windows 10 Update started checking for updates. And stays in Checking update mode without displaying the list of new updates as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DickC1978, Feb 6, 2019.

1. DickC1978 Win User

Window Update broken 1/069/2016

Up until 1/09/2019 when Windows 10 Update started checking for updates. And stays in Checking update mode without displaying the list of new updates as Pending Download before it moves on to step 2 Download and Step 3 Installing to Pending Restart like is supposed to happen.

Update has been stuck in the Checking updates routine every log on, Also the Update History for 1803 is gone.

At the same time MS Jigsaw started taking a long time to load. I had 18 Puzzle packs installed and 42000 Tokens saved. MS Jigsaw now takes 4 or 5 minutes to load and display the Puzzle Packs

I tried to fix Ms Jigsaw from Windows App and ended up having it reset to the default with the original two Packs and Tokens set to zero. Also I had to recreate the four puzzles from my own images.

Jigsaw still takes 4 or 5 minutes to load and get to the Games window. Then I am able to open the list of puzzles, which are only the two original packs and I have save 11000 tokens and complete 2 collections.

Tried again today by first loading the Jigsaw window after 5 minutes, then going online. Signing in to My MS Acct. And selecting Downloadable collections. It just keeps working and never brings up a list of new Puzzle Packs to get.

Prior to 1/09/2019 I used to Sign in to my MS Acct, then open Ms Jigsaw. It used to open fast and I was able to open the Collections and see the list of new Packs to get. And the D/l's also happened in a 1 or 2.

A similar thing happen back when 1709 started to d/l, but Update checked and displayed the Feature Update 1709 in the list of Pending updates. And it moved on to the other steps. At that time it also cleared the 1703 update history. And Ms Solitaire Collection stopped working. And was not fixed until 1709 and 1803 were installed.

I have left Ms Jigsaw running in Loading mode all of the time I have been entering this message and it still is in Loading mode.

Jigsaw is one of the few Windows 10 programs that I like. I could care less about having Dark Explorer, a mobile phone program, remote Clipboard function, timeline, or the goofy 3D Bird program.

:)

DickC1978, Feb 6, 2019

2. Many built-in Windows apps broken since late April / early May 2016

Repair Upgrade-Keeps everything including applications,files and data(just like you upgraded from Windows 7/8 to 10 which kept everything)

Clean Install-Removes everything and puts the older windows into windows.old.

You might also go through this to try if the apps work.

PS sorry Greg for taking over.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 6, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Feb 6, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Window Update broken 1/069/2016 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Window Update broken 1/069/2016 - Similar Threads - Window Update broken

2. windows update broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update broken: When logging out of my laptop i was prompted to update so i updated as usual and after I did so my desktop started looking like this. It seems my laptop updated from windows 10 to 11 however it is quite buggy , I cannot access the windows tab or settings as you can see from...
  3. Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken: Hi. I have been down a large rabbit hole of trying to fix my windows after multiple update failures and now my pc audio drivers no longer function. I finally came to this result here. Its the exact situation I find myself in....
  4. Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken: Hi. I have been down a large rabbit hole of trying to fix my windows after multiple update failures and now my pc audio drivers no longer function. I finally came to this result here. Its the exact situation I find myself in....
  5. Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows Update Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Broken: My Windows Update is not working at all. When I check for updates, it constantly loads and loads. I've tried troubleshooting in the Windows Update category but that too keeps loading and saying checking for pending restart. I've also tried to restart the Windows Update...
  7. windows 10 update bluescreen and problems reinstalling outlook 2016 1 user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 update bluescreen and problems reinstalling outlook 2016 1 user: hi, am trying to reinstall my outlook 2016 after a windows update bluescreen and full reinstall, but am not able to register the product as it was used once before. what can i do to be able to use the outlook 2016 ....
  8. Outlook 2016/2019 -- search broken

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016/2019 -- search broken: Hi folks any ideas how to fix the search function in Ms office Outlook -- seems to have gone a bit bonkers after the latest Windows (not Office) updates -- works fine if i restore to windows before last update -- (latest build) repair office and re-build indexes doen't fix...
  9. 9/1/2016 update rendered my machine unbootable . . .

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    9/1/2016 update rendered my machine unbootable . . .: -Don't know what number update this was that I automatically received yesterday, but it left my current configuration unbootable, so that even my Macrium Reflect "Fix Boot Errors" could not fix it . . . -Ran my last Full Backup from Reflect's Rescue disk, mid-August, and I...
  10. Cumulative Update #1 for SQL Server 2016 SP1

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update #1 for SQL Server 2016 SP1: The 1st cumulative update release for SQL Server 2016 SP1 is now available for download at the Microsoft Downloads site. Please note that registration is no longer required to download Cumulative updates.To learn more about the release or servicing model, please visit:...