Windows 10: window update locked my pc and can not recover hard drive

Discus and support window update locked my pc and can not recover hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; on 10-12-2020 window updates destroyed my pc. Lock up the bios and lock up my hard drive. Why does this happen ? every time this last 2 years your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DARRELLWEBER, Oct 25, 2020.

1. window update locked my pc and can not recover hard drive

on 10-12-2020 window updates destroyed my pc. Lock up the bios and lock up my hard drive.

Why does this happen ?

every time this last 2 years your update have locked my pc. I have taken to best buy geek squad every time.

:)

DARRELLWEBER, Oct 25, 2020
  2. little cat, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

window update locked my pc and can not recover hard drive

1. window update locked my pc and can not recover hard drive - Similar Threads - window update locked

2. Recover or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover or restore hard drive: Hi , think I might have deleted my hard drive by accident on my hp stream laptop* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-or-restore-hard-drive/a172898e-be14-4b5e-882d-ba2cdcdb4880
  3. BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive: My Lenovo Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop had an abnormal fan noise, so I called Premium Care Support for help. To diagnose the hardware problem, they ran me through a BIOS set up. After unsuccessfully diagnosing the issue, they asked me to restart the laptop to try something else....
  4. BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Lock Out - Need to Recover Data on Hard Drive: My Lenovo Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop had an abnormal fan noise, so I called Premium Care Support for help. To diagnose the hardware problem, they ran me through a BIOS set up. After unsuccessfully diagnosing the issue, they asked me to restart the laptop to try something else....
  5. Recovering hard disk drives

Recovering hard disk drives: I recently performed the media-creation process for Windows 10 on my hard disk drive by accidentI had a USB plugged in at the same time and I messed up the names. There's over 900+ gigabytes of files and folders in there that's extremely important to me. I have tried the...
  6. Wiped hard drive with new data can be recovered or no

Wiped hard drive with new data can be recovered or no: Wiped hard drive with new data can be recovered or no https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wiped-hard-drive-with-new-data-can-be-recovered-or/a09b8d49-a78c-4af4-8622-94ef39744d7b
  7. hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive is locked: After the last win update my hard drive with the operating system is locked. How can I unlock the hard drive? I've tried in Command Prompt. It didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-is-locked/fdb8b2a1-fd87-4b1e-b499-3fe365d30e4b
  8. My hard drive failed, can I recover my windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My hard drive failed, can I recover my windows?: As the title says, my hard drive failed and I wasn't able to back it up. Is there any way I can download windows without having to repurchase it? submitted by /u/jjmix101 [link] [comments]...
  9. Lock Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Hard Drive: Hello fellow redditors. My laptop has a 32GB SSD and 500GB Hard Drive. I've installed windows on the SSD and now I want to lock in order to not install anything else on it and allow only Windows stuff to go in it. Thanks. submitted by /u/galaxytl [link] [comments]...
  10. Hard Drive Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Locked: Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software. After this my computer restarted, and when I tried signed in I would get a flickering screen/black screen with cursor. I...