Windows 10: Window update won’t let me launch or setup any program.

Discus and support Window update won’t let me launch or setup any program. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I haven’t updated my PC in a while 2017 because I haven’t had internet for a while and I can’t upgrade my window because of low storage and my parent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeeSaya, Aug 2, 2020.

1. LeeSaya Win User

Window update won’t let me launch or setup any program.

I haven’t updated my PC in a while 2017 because I haven’t had internet for a while and I can’t upgrade my window because of low storage and my parent won’t let me get a driver. Everytime when I try to setup or launch anything it will say something “it’s time to update your device” or something similar to that. I cannot update right now and I cannot open the program or software because of it appearing. Please help.

:)

LeeSaya, Aug 2, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 2, 2020
  3. 'The program was started in compatibility mode' during launching Onecklicstarter

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

If the program you are referring to is written to work with older version of Windows, Windows 10 will still try to run the program in Compatibility Mode. Program compatibility is a mode in Windows that lets you run programs written for earlier versions of
    Windows.

I suggest you to reinstall the program in Compatibility mode and check if it helps. follow the below steps.

• Right click the setup file for the program, this can be designated as
      setup.exe or something similar. Click Troubleshoot Compatibility
      to launch the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter wizard which will check for issues.

• Select the option “Troubleshoot program”
      and depending on the problems you are experiencing when attempting to install or use the software, check off the problems. Click on Next.

• Select a version of Windows the program is known to work in.

• Click on Next and then follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue still persist, you need to contact the software vendor and check for the latest updates to make the program run on Windows 10.

Let us know the results.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

I downloaded Ark Scorched Earth but it won't let me play

Hi
    Cheyen,

There are a lot of possible reason why you cannot launch or play that specific game. To isolate this matter, we
    have some questions for you:

• Did you download the game from Windows Store?

• Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

• Were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the game is not compatible with Windows 10 and need to be in
    compatibility mode
    for it to run.
    We suggest that you run the
    Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes.
    To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Programs.

• Click on
      Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
      and follow the instructions.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Window update won’t let me launch or setup any program. - Similar Threads - Window update won’t

2. Windows won’t let me activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t let me activate: So a few days ago I installed windows 8.1 on my old 2009 hp pavilion and now I’m trying to get windows activated. I keep trying to get it activated but I keep getting these error....
  3. Windows won’t let me activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t let me activate: So a few days ago I installed windows 8.1 on my old 2009 hp pavilion and now I’m trying to get windows activated. I keep trying to get it activated but I keep getting these error....
  4. Windows won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t let me sign in: Renewed my subscription for 365 office and I cannot access my desktop files for excel, word etc. When I open a file it says unlicensed product. I try to activate it and it takes me to a sign in page. I try to sign in and after I put my password in, it says that I can use my...
  5. Windows won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t let me sign in: Renewed my subscription for 365 office and I cannot access my desktop files for excel, word etc. When I open a file it says unlicensed product. I try to activate it and it takes me to a sign in page. I try to sign in and after I put my password in, it says that I can use my...
  6. Computer won’t let me in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer won’t let me in.: I purchased a new computer two days ago. The camera wouldn’t work until I installed supposedly critical windows 10 updates. It then worked and all was well until I turned on today. At the screen where I enter my pin, it won’t let me enter anything. I tried to access forgotten...
  7. Trying to uninstall an update but it won’t let me.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to uninstall an update but it won’t let me.: So right now I’m on this screen. I am trying to uninstall the update on 11/11/2020. But Windows will not allow me to do it. However, I CAN uninstall the update on 10/15/2020, which is NOT the update I want to uninstall. How do I uninstall the update on 11/11/2020? Ever...
  8. Won’t let me log in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won’t let me log in?: I assume this is a problem with windows or something physical with my computer, I just don’t know the difference. My laptop has been slowing down a lot and even bluescreening occasionly for about the past week. Now when I turn it on it never gets to the point where I can log...
  9. Windows won’t let me update my game

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows won’t let me update my game: It won’t let me update my game because the user account pop up is popping up even though I’ve Changes the settings to make it notify me but it doesn’t and I’ve shut down my computer and restarted the computer but it does the same stupid thing saying windows blocked it and...
  10. Windows 10 will not let me install any programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not let me install any programs: I can download programs, but cannot install them. It starts to install, then something blocks it. This has happened with common downloads like Quicken. I cannot even install updated iTunes files, or update Quicken. I tried to back up my files, but the Seagate hard drive...