Windows 10: Window updating kept failing for insider

Discus and support Window updating kept failing for insider in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am updating window prerelease version. It kept failing and undoing the changes. In the update history, we can see: Windows 10 Insider Preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BaoRichard, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Window updating kept failing for insider

i am updating window prerelease version. It kept failing and undoing the changes.

In the update history, we can see:

Windows 10 Insider Preview 1****.57 GB

Page File Space 2.63 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

BaoRichard, Dec 18, 2018
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 18, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Window updating kept failing for insider

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Window updating kept failing for insider

1. Window updating kept failing for insider - Similar Threads - Window updating kept

2. Windows fails to install insider updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows fails to install insider updates: Hello, I joined Windows insider dev version couple weeks ago to test it out and it installed the 1st insider update well but for some reason now it keeps showing green screen of death after the computer is restarting. # What I have did - Retried to update insider. -...
  3. Windows 10 update kept failing.

Windows 10 update kept failing.: So the update was installed, I restarted my pc. After restarting I was prompt to the update screen The blue screen with the updating windows please don't turn off your computer with the percentage stuff. Then when the update riches 7%, my computer would restart twice, then...
  4. Windows insider update failing continuously

Windows insider update failing continuously: I signed into the windows insider program and when i tried to install the update with the windows insider features, my laptop shows that it's downloading and then when it is about 90% or 100% downloaded it starts redownloading without displaying any error message or anything....
  5. BSODs because windows kept failing to install the following update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs because windows kept failing to install the following update: I was experiencing some bluescreens every once in a while on my computer, and I assumed it was because windows kept failing to install the following update https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4512508/windows-10-update-kb4512508 . I downloaded the tool that windows...
  6. Insider preview Windows Update still failing.

Insider preview Windows Update still failing.: I did a repair install of my 18908 without any problems but I still get newer Insider updates just dissappearing part way through! *Confused I even went into Group Policy Editor and manually turned on updates with the download and notify option. Windows Update STILL fails at...
  7. updating to insider 18945.1001 keeps failing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updating to insider 18945.1001 keeps failing: im using a Acer Aspire A315-53-34FE,running win 10. i wanted to update it to the insider program fast ring, but it keeps failing at 70%, it really took a long time to update it. 137397
  8. Windows 10 Insider Preview Update fail

Windows 10 Insider Preview Update fail: Build 18356.16 19hl_release failed 1903 10x. I had my comp set to auto update until I realized it was the same update fail. Last failed install attempt on ‎30/‎03/‎2019 - 0x80242016. How can I get the update fixed ?...
  9. Insider Preview Updates now failing

Insider Preview Updates now failing: Build 18262 is approaching 14th December and imminent meltdown. Severe warnings now received daily with regard to this momentous arrival. Windows update consistently refuses to function. On initial review, the app lies through its clenched teeth, insisting that I have the...
  10. Failed Insider Update and I am not on Insider Program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Failed Insider Update and I am not on Insider Program: I did an Office update today and when checking update history it shows a failed update from Aug 4 that looks like an older Insider build. I have heard of others seeing this also. I was on the Insider program when 1803 was released but left the program back in March. I saw a...