Windows 10: Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection?

Discus and support Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Window Vista to Windows 10 installed successfully but Internet connection? First step install Windows 7 from from retail DVD. Next install clean set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tom Warnquist, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection?

Window Vista to Windows 10 installed successfully but Internet connection?

First step install Windows 7 from from retail DVD. Next install clean set up, install from desktop to. So Windows 7 install successfully. I install Windows 10 operating system from the desktop. Instead of clean install because every time I try to install from clean install. The setup for Windows 10 the most steps work until the network step trying to find a network Windows 10 cannot find network. I have tried wireless and wired they cannot find anything during the setup. Windows 10 goes back to step one after the network step. So I install was 10 from the desktop instead it installs everything. So the drivers have asked exhibition points. Is not the problem. The problem is Windows 10 cannot find the drivers installed on the computer but have installed it many times by third-party software. Also Toshiba's website for drivers the laptop installing Windows 10 for. Would you recommend buying Windows 8.1 or buying a wireless Internet adapter to get a stable connection. Also go into the router settings. Port forward the laptop. I cannot can access the router settings. I use a VPN my desktop computer running a Windows 7. I try websites, forms, Microsoft answers, and YouTube videos. When no success to get the Internet working on this laptop.

Thanks,

Thomas

:)

Tom Warnquist, Mar 16, 2021
  2. izpmuddy Win User

Toshiba laptop wont install windows

I have a friend with a Toshiba satellite laptop and i have been trying to install windows on it. It would always freeze up when reformatting the hard drive. So used partition magic and formatted the hard drive and then installed it. Then after installation i get an error. I have been able to successfully install ubuntu but not windows. Vista was installed before but then tried to install xp and have been having problems since.

izpmuddy, Mar 16, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Cvrk Win User

Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection?

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection? [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection?

1. Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection? - Similar Threads - Window Vista Toshiba

2. Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset: I have an older TOSHIBA Satellite A205-S5843 S/N 38189546K with the unsupported Windows Vista Home Premium that I would like to reset to factory settings. I have tried all the internet suggestions without success. Is the anyway I can reset without saving files and install a...
  3. Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset: I have an older TOSHIBA Satellite A205-S5843 S/N 38189546K with the unsupported Windows Vista Home Premium that I would like to reset to factory settings. I have tried all the internet suggestions without success. Is the anyway I can reset without saving files and install a...
  4. Windows 10 Bluetooth connection successful but no internet how to make the Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Bluetooth connection successful but no internet how to make the Bluetooth...: I connected my iphone to my windows 10 successfully through Bluetooth but my laptop has no internet from my iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bluetooth-connection-successful-but-no/71e3bfa9-d437-4efe-975d-fd6554b412ed
  5. Install ms windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install ms windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop: Hi! I am trying to install win 10 home from brand new original usb, after boeing forced to format hd. The answer I get is "no operating system". What shall I do! Thank you in advance!...
  6. Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10

Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10: does Toshiba Satelite A665 laptop which has Windows 7 support upgrade to Windows 10 well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-for-windows-10/0408a66a-f509-4a1f-a66a-4daa8f7967ee
  7. Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet

Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet: Okay so I had a HDD crash. I have no windows 10 recovery disk or usb or anything. I did have an old vista disk so I got a new HDD installed and installed vista on it. Well it's not recognizing any network drivers and my other laptop just entirely died. So my question is how...
  8. Clean Windows Install on Vista laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Windows Install on Vista laptop: I have recently purchased 2 Windows 10 desktops and also have a Toshiba Satellite P300-1FN. Because of security fears on the Toshiba, I downloaded and clean installed Windows 10 Home. I wanted to first check that the Toshiba would be OK with Windows 10, so I did not buy an...
  9. ipad connecting to Toshiba laptop (Windows 10)

ipad connecting to Toshiba laptop (Windows 10): Trying to connect my iPad to a new Toshiba laptop (windows 10) and nothing is happening. It makes all the correct noises and shows up in itunes doesn't show anything on the computer in this pc section and I am unable to import photos. I have been told by IT that apple have...
  10. Successful laptop install of Windows 10

Successful laptop install of Windows 10: I successfully completed an upgrade install of Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L775 this evening. It took 6 hours total, including hours of watching and waiting, but everything that I've tried so far has worked. I just wanted to post this because we all curse Microsoft from...