Windows 10: Window with a black screen immediately after login in my laptop

Discus and support Window with a black screen immediately after login in my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been using this ASUS Vivobook S which is 6 months old. Recently in past two weeks I have experienced this problem which seems harmless till now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A. Student, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Window with a black screen immediately after login in my laptop

I have been using this ASUS Vivobook S which is 6 months old. Recently in past two weeks I have experienced this problem which seems harmless till now but is causing worries.

The problem is - " Whenever I start my laptop and login to my Windows 10 account just after the icons appear on screen, a small window with BLACK SCREEN pop up on m screen and immediately minimizes to the taskbar which shows no program running." After this my system gets refreshed and my laptop works normally.

And today what happened was a bit problematic - After login the same thing happened as mentioned above and as soon as that black window minimized, all my icons disappeared with a small white title bar like thing on left top of my screen. The search engine and file explorer opened normally but still my desktop had no icon except that title bar which I experienced for the first time that my laptop behaved ABNORMALLY. So I restared the system and the icons showed up normally but that black screen problem still remained and then I am writing this question.

SO,

1. "What is that black window all about?"
    2. "Is the abnormal behaviour of my laptop a starting point of some big issue?"

Please HELP...!!!

Thank you.

:)

A. Student, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Window with a black screen immediately after login in my laptop

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Window with a black screen immediately after login in my laptop

1. Window with a black screen immediately after login in my laptop - Similar Threads - Window black screen

2. Black Screen On Laptop Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen On Laptop Login: Laptop powers on and displays login screen as normal, after logging in the screen turns completely black and nothing opens up except task manager via ctrl+alt+delete .Attempted fixes based on similar problems so far are completely turning off the computer, unplugging the...
  3. Black Screen On Laptop Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen On Laptop Login: Laptop powers on and displays login screen as normal, after logging in the screen turns completely black and nothing opens up except task manager via ctrl+alt+delete .Attempted fixes based on similar problems so far are completely turning off the computer, unplugging the...
  4. Black Screen after login on Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after login on Windows 11 laptop: I have been trying for 3 days, and nothing has been working. I have tried Logo+p, Logo+r, and Logo=ctrl+shift+b, all of which don't work. The only thing that does work is task manager, and windows explorer hasnt worked either. I am using a Windows 11 Inspiron 15 3000 by Dell,...
  5. Black Screen after login on Windows 11 laptop

Black Screen after login on Windows 11 laptop: I have been trying for 3 days, and nothing has been working. I have tried Logo+p, Logo+r, and Logo=ctrl+shift+b, all of which don't work. The only thing that does work is task manager, and windows explorer hasnt worked either. I am using a Windows 11 Inspiron 15 3000 by Dell,...
  6. Black Screen after Windows Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after Windows Login: Hi, I suddenly started to get a black screen no cursor after logging into Windows. A couple of times when the problem started, I was able to see my desktop after logging in maybe 25% of the time but now the issue is happening every time. Weirdly enough, I don't see my BIOS...
  7. Black Screen after Windows Login

Black Screen after Windows Login: Hi, I suddenly started to get a black screen no cursor after logging into Windows. A couple of times when the problem started, I was able to see my desktop after logging in maybe 25% of the time but now the issue is happening every time. Weirdly enough, I don't see my BIOS...
  8. Black Screen after Windows Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Black Screen After Login

Black Screen After Login: Ok So When I Turn On My Computer I See A Completely Black Screen Except For Microsoft Edge Open On A New Tab I've Also Tried The Following:Opening The Advanced Startup Screen ~10 Times [It Just Appears As A Black Screen]Opening Control Panel [Doesn't Open]Alt-F4 [Doesn't...
  10. Windows black screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen after login: So basically, I shut down my pc to go do something else and when I came back and turned on my pc, after logging into my account, I was presented with a black screen with a cursor. I tried restarting windows explorer via task manager, restarting the pc, using Windows logo key...