Windows 10: Window won't stay the same size

Discus and support Window won't stay the same size in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed this with Firefox, but it appears to happen with all windows, so I'm assuming it's a Win 10 thing. I have my browser set so it's not full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/physical_kid, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Window won't stay the same size

I noticed this with Firefox, but it appears to happen with all windows, so I'm assuming it's a Win 10 thing. I have my browser set so it's not full screen. I adjust the left and bottom edges so they are at the very edge of the screen. However, when I close and open the browser again, the left edge and bottom edge are no longer at the edge of my monitor. They are very close, but not quite. For example, here's what the left side looks like. You can see part of the text from a desktop icon in the background.

1.jpg

Now, if I maximize the browser window to full screen, it does indeed take up the full screen, and this little edge part expands.

2.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix this? Ignore the gray area to the right. That is actually part of my 2nd screen.

submitted by /u/physical_kid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/physical_kid, Aug 28, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Window won't stay the same size

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Window won't stay the same size

1. Window won't stay the same size - Similar Threads - Window won't stay

2. Windows 10 Calculator won't stay a consistent size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Calculator won't stay a consistent size: Hello, I'm having an issue with the Windows 10 Calculator App. Everytime I open it, the window is a new size, which is usually much too large often taking up half the screen or even full screen. I'll resize it down to where I want it the smallest window possible, but then...
  3. Icon size doesnt stay the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon size doesnt stay the same: Hey all, as the title says, the size of the icons on my desktop folders change constantly.. Id do control+scroll to change the size, reenter the folder it it will be on details. I'll change it from the menu to like view->large icons, reenter and it will be on details. I...
  4. Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder: Any fixes? It just started happen a few days ago. Suddenly the folder retains the size of icons inside only until i exit and reenter the folder. Currently on Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2. Did some scanf/now and disk repair commands, none found any problems,...
  5. Folder icon size doesnt stay the same

Folder icon size doesnt stay the same: On 20H2, suddenly when i change the size on items in any foldercontrol + scroll or right click+view they stay like i want for a few secs/minute and as soon as i reenter the folder they are back to Details. Any fixes? i want a custom size in many folders with control+scroll....
  6. Folder icon size doesnt stay the same

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder icon size doesnt stay the same: On 20H2, suddenly when i change the size on items in any folder(control + scroll or right click+view) they stay like i want for a few secs/minute and as soon as i reenter the folder they are back to Details. Any fixes? i want a custom size in many folders with...
  7. Login screen stays the same

Login screen stays the same: I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series running Windows 10. When booting, it used to show a different login screen background every time. Now, it shows the same one. How can I restore the rotation? Thanks in advance....
  8. Desktop Icons won't stay in same place

Desktop Icons won't stay in same place: I have to constantly rearrange my desktop icons to there original places, is there a setting to stop this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-wont-stay-in-same-place/6f98e6b2-53f2-456e-889f-5446bfda110e
  9. Icons Won't Stay the Same Size in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Won't Stay the Same Size in Quick Access: Hi folks. I'm a longtime Windows user (since 3.1) and decided to get into a forum again. I have an odd problem: The icons in the Quick Access folder keep reverting back to the Tiles setting no matter how many times I change them to a larger size. I can set them either with...
  10. windows won't stay put

in Windows 10 Support
    windows won't stay put: I guess I'm a little OCD but I like to center the windows, like control panel, personalization my pc etc. Everytime I get them perfectly centered on the desktop when I close the windows and reopen them, they're not centered. In W7 or W8.1 they stay locked in position. Is...