Windows 10: Windowa 10 photos app

Discus and support Windowa 10 photos app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have no control over where downloaded pictures are stored. They show up in the Photos, but if I right click on the image it renders properties that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Geeyess, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Geeyess Win User

Windowa 10 photos app

I have no control over where downloaded pictures are stored. They show up in the Photos, but if I right click on the image it renders properties that show a source that doesn't exist or if it identifies a source, when I find the source it states "this folder is empty". As an added annoyance, the photos in the Photos app are replicated many times over (up to 10x). I need to remove these duplicates that Windows has produced. I have researched ways of doing this but all remedies require a substantial subscription that they don't tell you about until the program spends up to 3 hours analysing the drive and the 'analysis' only seems to list the duplicate files that then have to be individually selected for deletion.

Windows has created this situation and I don't think it is reasonable for me to pay a third party to remedy it.

Come on Microsoft, Get out a free fix to overcome this bloody annoying situation.

:)

Geeyess, Mar 22, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 22, 2019
  4. robinpe Win User

Windowa 10 photos app

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Windowa 10 photos app

1. Windowa 10 photos app - Similar Threads - Windowa photos app

2. feature for windowa 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    feature for windowa 20H2: Multiple failure to install update error code 0x80070570 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-for-windowa-20h2/bc41b8c9-8fa1-4c58-ad1f-4374669f446e
  3. Windowa update

Windowa update: My pending windows update Device health and performance will not update with error code 0x80070424 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowa-update/2bc8065b-a239-41ba-b070-4b5badac4c4b
  4. windowa 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    windowa 10: how to stop print to file in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowa-10/197e2770-d88d-4415-b4ff-035abd001cbf
  5. Yahoo on windowa 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo on windowa 10: I have nothing showing in my Yahoo e-mails in Windows 10. G-mail and outlook are OK.I have a message "Nothing has arrived yet" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-on-windowa-10/f3b796fa-0a33-40d0-89c1-1a65746a9cdd
  6. Location of meta data for Photo in Windowa 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location of meta data for Photo in Windowa 10: Where are the generated meta data for video projects stored on my computer? I need to make sure that the data is backuped (did lose some video projects when I reinstalled windows 10). Is there a way in Photo to setup where this data is stored? Also, there is a function to...
  7. Outlook mail app Windowas 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook mail app Windowas 10: I am looking for a way to consolidate several contacts into one mailing group/list so that I only have to type in the group/list name to send an email to everyone in the group. Anyone know how to do this?...
  8. Cannot Update windowa 10,

Cannot Update windowa 10,: I cannot update windows 10, not enough memory, Inserted a 16 gb scan thumb drive but do not see an option to use that. What can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-windowa-10/fc3dd29b-aedc-44d2-a4f3-f73f007387d8
  9. windowa 10 pro ..no os found

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windowa 10 pro ..no os found: I ruse 10 pro genuine with Digital Licence on my desktop...not this one. Yesterday i forced shutdown with power button and lost windows 10..... no os found . what can i do to restore win 10 pro. Thamks Sam...
  10. Windowas 10 Activation error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windowas 10 Activation error: I download windows 10 upgrade from windows 7. Cannot activate. I've contacted the Answer desk numerous times. They have verified that my product code is correct even though the error msg says no. They have taken control of my laptop to check everything and the final answer...