Windows 10: windowa update cleanup

Discus and support windowa update cleanup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a tablet PC with windows 10 home (1903). This tablet comes with limited storage (64GB). I have been using this tablet for about 2 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NEILODISHO, Sep 1, 2019.

1. windowa update cleanup

Hi,

I have a tablet PC with windows 10 home (1903). This tablet comes with limited storage (64GB). I have been using this tablet for about 2 years now. Whenever a new windows update (not feature update), is installed in it, it consumes about 1.5GB-2GB of storage space. I am usually able to regain this storage space by cleaning the temporary files storage tab from the settings. Recently, after updates (KB4512941) and (KB4511555), were installed successfully, I attempted to clean the older updates, however after going into settings, then system, then storage, then opening the temporary files tab to clean the unwanted files, I am not seeing the windows update cleanup listed to be removed. It scans for windows update cleanup, but does not display it. My tablet still have 36.3GB of storage space available in it now, but I would like to keep it as it was before the last two cumulative updates with 38 GB of storage space.

:)

NEILODISHO, Sep 1, 2019

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Windowa 10 Updates

Yes, it is an ongoing issue for months without a well known fix TBH. Microsoft is releasing Anniversary update for Windows 10 on 2nd August, that would be a major update to windows 10.

I would suggest you doing that manually using an ISO which would serve two purposes:

• Would make your system up to date.
    • Correct your windows update issue also.
    You can drop me a message in this thread on 2nd, I would provide the links and steps for repair Install through an ISO. (ISO isn't released yet)

Let me know if there are any questions.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 1, 2019
  4. windowa update cleanup

Disk cleanup don't cleans Windows Update Cleanup.

Here are the answers to your question:

• No, I haven't made any updates or changes but I think it is of Creators Update but there was no file named "Windows Update Cleanup" till some weeks or months, I just noticed after the day when I posted this thread.
    • No, I don't get any error message.
    • No, I haven't tried any troubleshooting steps.
    Sorry for the late reply.

Himanshu Sharma4182005, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

windowa update cleanup

1. windowa update cleanup - Similar Threads - windowa update cleanup

2. No settings search box or windowa update working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No settings search box or windowa update working.: No settings search box or windows update working. Its windows 10 home 32bit Ran SFC through a shell. Nop errors, Cant access windows update. Tried the force command in shell but no joy. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...
  3. feature for windowa 20H2

feature for windowa 20H2: Multiple failure to install update error code 0x80070570 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-for-windowa-20h2/bc41b8c9-8fa1-4c58-ad1f-4374669f446e
  4. Windowa update

Windowa update: My pending windows update Device health and performance will not update with error code 0x80070424 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowa-update/2bc8065b-a239-41ba-b070-4b5badac4c4b
  5. windowa 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    windowa 10: how to stop print to file in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowa-10/197e2770-d88d-4415-b4ff-035abd001cbf
  6. Yahoo on windowa 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo on windowa 10: I have nothing showing in my Yahoo e-mails in Windows 10. G-mail and outlook are OK.I have a message "Nothing has arrived yet" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-on-windowa-10/f3b796fa-0a33-40d0-89c1-1a65746a9cdd
  7. Windowa update/device encryption

Windowa update/device encryption: I have just did the latest update of W10 on my PC and I need to turn on device encryption or BitLocker, of which neither is available because I have the home edition. What can I do? Do I need to somehow get another version, or can I at least get rid of the prompts telling me...
  8. Problemas con windowa

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problemas con windowa: Hola otra ves por aqui ahora con un problema que me esta preocupando Voy directo al grano la pc del cambio de ayer me esta dando problemas Resulta que cuando tengo el aire acondicionado apagado trabaja sin problema y cuando esta encendido me tira pantallasos azules de...
  9. Cannot Update windowa 10,

Cannot Update windowa 10,: I cannot update windows 10, not enough memory, Inserted a 16 gb scan thumb drive but do not see an option to use that. What can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-windowa-10/fc3dd29b-aedc-44d2-a4f3-f73f007387d8
  10. Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup: Just got another update today, still having this issue. I used to have "Windows Update Files" or something along those lines whenever I ran disk cleanup after an update, but now that doesn't appear in the list. How far back would "the last few builds" be? "the last...