Windows 10: Windowd 10 1809 Adding computer to domain successful in GUI but always fails in powershell...

Discus and support Windowd 10 1809 Adding computer to domain successful in GUI but always fails in powershell... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am able add computer to domain using GUI but from powershell I am always getting below error. Please help. You have exceeded the maximum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SwapnilThakare, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Windowd 10 1809 Adding computer to domain successful in GUI but always fails in powershell...

Hello,

I am able add computer to domain using GUI but from powershell I am always getting below error. Please help.

You have exceeded the maximum number of computer accounts you are allowed to create in this domain. Contact your system administrator to have this limit reset or increased.

If required I will raise ticket from premium service account. Need solution urgently.

Windows version is 1809 Professional.

:)

SwapnilThakare, Aug 31, 2019
  2. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Aug 31, 2019
  3. sammy Win User
    Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Windowd 10 1809 Adding computer to domain successful in GUI but always fails in powershell...

Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

Here are the steps I took. Please tell me if I should have done differently.

1. On the server end add the user and computer to the domain in advance.

2. Fresh install windows 10 and make the first username Admin.

3. Once at desktop rename PC to match PC name on domain i.e. Workstation001.

4. Add computer to mydomain.local and when asked for username and password I entered the credentials for the new user.

5. Restarted the PC and signed into mydomain\newuser without any problems.

However now when I try to access the original local Admin account by typing 'Workstation001\local Admin' as the username and then the password. It keeps saying password invalid.

So I logged back into the domain account and tried resetting the password to Admin and then tried signing in as admin again, still no luck.

Currently there are 2 accounts on the computer one of them is a local/domain account for newuser and the other is a local Admin account which I cannot access.

What kind of glitch is this? Should I have not joined the domain through the original Admin account and instead added a local user to the PC 'newuser' and then sign in as that user locally then add them to the domain through their own local account? I didn't think this was necessary.

bluetea55z, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Windowd 10 1809 Adding computer to domain successful in GUI but always fails in powershell...

1. Windowd 10 1809 Adding computer to domain successful in GUI but always fails in powershell... - Similar Threads - Windowd 1809 Adding

2. adding legacy computers to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding legacy computers to a domain: We have approx 20 Mazak milling machines running either Win 95, Win 2000 Pro or Win XP. Since the beginning of the year I've not been able to re-add them back onto the domain functional level 2016. As they are old a hard drive replacement is often needed to keep them going...
  3. adding legacy computers to a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding legacy computers to a domain: We have approx 20 Mazak milling machines running either Win 95, Win 2000 Pro or Win XP. Since the beginning of the year I've not been able to re-add them back onto the domain functional level 2016. As they are old a hard drive replacement is often needed to keep them going...
  4. Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell: Hello,I am trying to add computer to my company domain, however I get error messageAdd-Computer : Computer 'testcomputer' failed to join domain 'mydomain.local' from its current workgroup 'SDF' with following error message: Access is denied.At C:\temp\JoinDomain.ps1:1 char:1+...
  5. Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell: Hello,I am trying to add computer to my company domain, however I get error messageAdd-Computer : Computer 'testcomputer' failed to join domain 'mydomain.local' from its current workgroup 'SDF' with following error message: Access is denied.At C:\temp\JoinDomain.ps1:1 char:1+...
  6. Adding computer to domain successful in GUI but always fails in powershell (administrator)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adding computer to domain successful in GUI but always fails in powershell (administrator): Hello, I am able add computer to domain using GUI but from powershell I am always getting below error. Please help. You have exceeded the maximum number of computer accounts you are allowed to create in this domain. Contact your system administrator to have this limit...
  7. MigrationAbortedDueToPluginFailure - upgrade to 1809 always fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MigrationAbortedDueToPluginFailure - upgrade to 1809 always fails: I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 from 1803 to 1809. Using setupdiag.exe this error gets reported consistently. No one at MS is able to actually tell me what causes this error or how to fix it. I've been told to disable Windows search (did that, didn't fix it), run the...
  8. Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer: I'm an early implementer of the October 2018 Release. I'm also the sys admin and need the full compliment of RSAT applications. These used to be installed after the upgrade was finished as standalone apps. With 1809, they are all to be installed as Optional Features. If...
  9. Adding Network Locations Always Fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding Network Locations Always Fails: I only have this problem with Win10 Pro x64, regardless of the version/build numbers. After making a few connections to my network location that I add, in this case a WebDAV file server for school I use, Windows will eventually decide that the location doesn't exist anymore....
  10. Powershell GUI Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell GUI Change: Hi everyone! I recently notice that my powershell change his skin and i don't why. I try to run sfc command but nothing has been found. try to uncheck powershell 2.0 from turn windows features off or on but no luck. The powershell work perfect on cmd terminal but not for...