Windows 10: windowed game mode always align to the bottom of the monitor

Discus and support windowed game mode always align to the bottom of the monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello I'm not sure this is the right place to post this type of question because honestly I have no idea what is causing this. but when I open a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thepicknick, Oct 21, 2020.

1. windowed game mode always align to the bottom of the monitor

hello I'm not sure this is the right place to post this type of question because honestly I have no idea what is causing this. but when I open a game in a windowed mode(with full screen resolution) the game window always align to the bottom of the monitor instead of top. creating a gap on top and hiding the taskbar on the bottom. (I always have to drag window to top). I have check config file of the game and I don't see any option to make it start from the top. is there a way to force the game or anything inside DirectX driver to make window align to the top of monitor?

Thank you for all the help.

submitted by /u/thepicknick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thepicknick, Oct 21, 2020

2. Multiple monitor alignment

I have a 50" 4K UHD monitor (4096x2160) and a 28" 4K UHD (3880x2160). The 50" is treated as my primary monitor. and is in standard Landscape mode (4096x2160). The 28" is to the left and is in Portrait mode (2160x3880). Physically they are almost a perfect
    match in this layout.

The trouble comes when I wish to go between them using the mouse. From the Portrait mode monitor I cannot move to the Landscape one unless I move the mouse to 1/2 way down and then it moves to the Landscape monitor top.

My suggestion is simple. Have a check mark to scale the edges that touch, so that the Portrait mode 3880 to is scaled to 2160 for the Landscape monitor top, as far as mouse cross-over is concerned, and vice versa. This would align the visual to the physical
    and make it easier to use.

LonnieNunweiler, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How to align Portrait and Landscape monitor, so that mouse doesn’t jump up or down?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you want to align multiple monitors in such a way that, the mouse doesn’t jump up or down while moving between them.

To do this you will have to alignment of the monitor in Settings as per your requirement. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System and select
      Display
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, under Rearrange your displays, click on any one of the monitor, hold the mouse button and drag it to align it.

You can refer the screenshot below:

windowed game mode always align to the bottom of the monitor 5c721934-f7a5-40a2-bedd-942e98a6ecb7?upload=true.png

However, if you want to move from the bottom of the Portrait monitor to the Landscape monitor, you will have to drag the mouse upwards. Moving the mouse sideways from the bottom will not allow you to move between the monitors.

We always appreciate our customer’s feedback, and your feedback and suggestions are very important to us. Hence, I suggest you to provide your valuable feedback and ideas in our
    Feedback Hub, where our developers can look
    into the requests and constantly improve the features of Windows.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 21, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

windowed game mode always align to the bottom of the monitor

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

windowed game mode always align to the bottom of the monitor

1. windowed game mode always align to the bottom of the monitor - Similar Threads - windowed game mode

2. Completely Align My Monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Completely Align My Monitors?: Microsoft, fix your multi-monitor support, or at least add a PROPER indicator to show that it's correctly align.Why I highlighted 'PROPER'? I thought that the 2nd monitor is correctly aligned since [ 2 ] snaps to [ 1 ] bottom as reference.However, after taking a screenshots,...
  3. Multiple monitor screen alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitor screen alignment: Does anyone know how to align the screen space when using multiple monitors?How does one set the screens so that the mouse moves smoothly across the different screens?...
  4. Multiple monitor screen alignment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitor screen alignment: Does anyone know how to align the screen space when using multiple monitors?How does one set the screens so that the mouse moves smoothly across the different screens?...
  5. 1440p monitors will not align properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1440p monitors will not align properly: I have four 1440p monitors. The middle ones top and bottom align properly.The two one of each side refuse to align properly with the monitor they are docked/linked to. All monitors are 1440p high... The side ones are shifted upward about 16 pixels. Attached is a Google remote...
  6. Monitor alignment nit

Monitor alignment nit: I have one monitor in landscape mode and one in portrait mode. No matter how I align them in Display Settings, the cursor tracks as if the monitor tops are aligned. When I move the mouse from the landscape monitor to the portrait monitor, the cursor appears to shift...
  7. Blue center aligned menu on top/bottom of screen when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue center aligned menu on top/bottom of screen when playing games.: Hello, When trying to play games, I'll use the example here of Phoenix Pointvia gamepass, when I move my mouse to the upper or lower portion of the screen, an annoying blue bar appears in the center of the screen. It blocks the game processing, like when I'm trying to...
  8. How to micro align monitors

How to micro align monitors: Two identical monitors are connected to PC, one in portrait, one in landscape. I need to fine-tune the relative position, more precisely than the options quickly available via Settings-System-Display. Is there a registry or other setting where I can set position by pixel...
  9. "Align to grid" always on on Windows 10

"Align to grid" always on on Windows 10: I'm having a very strange issue on Windows 10, just installed a week ago. I am one of those persons that has multiple desktop icons. Shortcuts to programs on the right side. Folders with current jobs on a line below, photos of baby grandson on the left and many other...
  10. Dual Monitor Alignment

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Alignment: Hey guys, I just downloaded Windows 10 today after a mishap with my old SSD. I have to say I'm enjoying the experience. That being said, and as much as I hate asking for information, I'd like to know if there is a way to perfectly align monitors as was possible in Windows...