Windows 10: Windown 10 does not install app on my computer.

Discus and support Windown 10 does not install app on my computer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windown 10 does not install Chinese app on my computer. The error is "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RichardYan_963, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Windown 10 does not install app on my computer.

Windown 10 does not install Chinese app on my computer. The error is "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect"

:)

RichardYan_963, Nov 27, 2021

2. Unable to open Mail App in WIndowns 10

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to download and run the Modern UI App troubleshooter and check.
    This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2:

Try to update Mail app from Windows store and see if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Follow the steps mentioned below to check for updates under Store for Mail app:

• From Start Screen, type
      Store
      and click on Store.
    • Look for the notification for pending updates available at the top right corner of the store. If yes, click on Updates to check for the list of updates available.
    • By default, all the updates for the apps would be marked. Right Click on the apps window and select Install Updates.
    • Wait for all the updates to get installed.
    • Check with the issue.
    Step 2:

If the issue still persist, then I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Mail app.

• Press Windows key and type
      Windows Powershell
      in search box.

• Right click on
      Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command and hit
      Enter.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

4. Reinstall the app from
    Windows Store

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 27, 2021
  3. 0x7f error following windowns 10 installation

Hello Mordon,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++2012 in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

Follow these steps to install in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver’s setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Operating System accordingly from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart
      the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Thanks.

SujataMoktan, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Cvrk Win User

Windown 10 does not install app on my computer.

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windown 10 does not install app on my computer. [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Windown 10 does not install app on my computer.

1. Windown 10 does not install app on my computer. - Similar Threads - Windown does install

2. App and driver wont open with windowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App and driver wont open with windowns: i cant open anything on laptop. shut down and restart button wont work too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-and-driver-wont-open-with-windowns/15329757-cca2-4a63-bc41-251a3fd153df
  3. App and driver wont open with windowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App and driver wont open with windowns: i cant open anything on laptop. shut down and restart button wont work too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-and-driver-wont-open-with-windowns/15329757-cca2-4a63-bc41-251a3fd153df
  4. App and driver wont open with windowns

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windown 10 does not install app on my computer.

Windown 10 does not install app on my computer.: Windown 10 does not install Chinese app on my computer. The error is "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windown-10-does-not-install-app-on-my-computer/3f0cebed-79a1-46b2-9719-88afbc95558e
  6. Minecraft windowns 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windowns 10 edition: I received the code for buying Minecraft java edition before 2018, and in March I used the code on my Chromebook and now when I try to download it off of my pc it never shows that I redeemed the code, but in Mojang account it doesn't even show my code any more. What happened?...
  7. INSTALL WINDOWNS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INSTALL WINDOWNS 10: Hello everybody, Currently I am using Hp pavilion dh1137tu laptop. When I installed the 2004 version of Windows 10, the problem appears as shown below: [IMG] [IMG] I hope everyone will guide me to fix this problem. I am very thankful....
  8. updating windowns 10

updating windowns 10: I cant update my windows 10, I keep on getting this [There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x8024a105.]...
  9. Syetem Protection in Windown 10

Syetem Protection in Windown 10: Hi, please tell from where I like to enable system protection on Window10, and also provide me best drive where I select to create a restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syetem-protection-in-windown-10/a7d92804-a07b-44ff-b275-0e04d5dc8471
  10. Installing Apps on my computer

Installing Apps on my computer: I am trying to download and install apps on my computer using my mobile data but it is not working. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-apps-on-my-computer/f595d3c3-4bb8-4927-a53a-c2a6897d42ef