Windows 10: windows !0 free upgrade product key

Discus and support windows !0 free upgrade product key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i got windows 10 free upgrade off the internet a couple years ago, now i need an activation key & have no idea where to find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnAaron2, Feb 1, 2022.

1. windows !0 free upgrade product key

i got windows 10 free upgrade off the internet a couple years ago, now i need an activation key & have no idea where to find it

:)

JohnAaron2, Feb 1, 2022

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 1, 2022
  3. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Feb 1, 2022
  4. EliSherer Win User

windows !0 free upgrade product key

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, Feb 1, 2022
Thema:

windows !0 free upgrade product key

1. windows !0 free upgrade product key - Similar Threads - free upgrade product

2. Using free product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using free product key: Hi, I have a question about using free windows product key? I know its stealing but Im just testing something... Can I get some virus or something? Thanks a lot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-free-product-key/8bdf720c-f5e8-4d83-8912-a36cbe6422a0
  3. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue: I had Windows 7 on my computer and updated to Windows 10. When prompted to activate Windows, I used my Windows 7 product key and it didn’t work. What do I do?...
  4. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue: I had Windows 7 on my computer and updated to Windows 10. When prompted to activate Windows, I used my Windows 7 product key and it didn’t work. What do I do?...
  5. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. windows !0 free upgrade product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows !0 free upgrade product key: i got windows 10 free upgrade off the internet a couple years ago, now i need an activation key & have no idea where to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-0-free-upgrade-product-key/260f18fb-dab5-4c5d-ae83-2daac0a34aec
  7. windows !0 free upgrade product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows !0 free upgrade product key: i got windows 10 free upgrade off the internet a couple years ago, now i need an activation key & have no idea where to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-0-free-upgrade-product-key/260f18fb-dab5-4c5d-ae83-2daac0a34aec
  8. Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?: I had windows 11 upgrade free from microsoft few weeks ago. I did not get any product key it seems, so what happens if I need to reinstall due to technical issues, can I use 'original windows 10 key on system'??...
  9. Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?: I had windows 11 upgrade free from microsoft few weeks ago. I did not get any product key it seems, so what happens if I need to reinstall due to technical issues, can I use 'original windows 10 key on system'??...
  10. free product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    free product key: I just want a free product key for windows 10because whenever I log to my computer there is a notification that my windows will be expired soon. so give me a product key or tell me what to do thank you...