Windows 10: Windows 1 0 Reset recovery

Discus and support Windows 1 0 Reset recovery in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently had a problem with a company/hacker telling me I had to pay 400+ to get my key to operate my windows again after a trial period. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by I need to Make a movie, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Windows 1 0 Reset recovery

Hello, I recently had a problem with a company/hacker telling me I had to pay 400+ to get my key to operate my windows again after a trial period. I had also phone calls telling me the same. it warned me not to exit the screen, go to another site etc. or all would be erased. this is only 6 mo old computer. I went in to the site to reset the computer aand g got rid of them. But the reset got rid of a lot of my apps I use. Can someone help me recover the apps. There was NO disc sent with this computer to restore with.

:)

I need to Make a movie, Sep 4, 2018

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 4, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 4, 2018
  4. EarthDog Win User

Windows 1 0 Reset recovery

Is my SSD killing Windows? [UPDATE: fixed]

SE = Secure Erase the drive. This 'resets' it back to out-of-the-factory (writes 0/1's to it essentially). IIRC, you have to initialize the drive again to be able to see it. Its a step or two deeper than formatting it through Windows.

EarthDog, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 1 0 Reset recovery

1. Windows 1 0 Reset recovery - Similar Threads - Reset recovery

2. how to reset windows 11 when it is stuck in bitlocker recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset windows 11 when it is stuck in bitlocker recovery?: I have a Gateway laptop windows 11 Intel i5 core and i turned it on and its stuck on the bitlocker recovery key screen with error message that secure boot policy changed unexpectedly. i have tried finding my recovery key and it is not saved to my microsoft account and im...
  3. how to reset windows 11 when it is stuck in bitlocker recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reset windows 11 when it is stuck in bitlocker recovery?: I have a Gateway laptop windows 11 Intel i5 core and i turned it on and its stuck on the bitlocker recovery key screen with error message that secure boot policy changed unexpectedly. i have tried finding my recovery key and it is not saved to my microsoft account and im...
  4. How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?: I already went to the settings and the blue screen and there was no option to reset. I was able to do it before I believe on the windows 10 but im on 11 now....
  5. How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?

How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?: I already went to the settings and the blue screen and there was no option to reset. I was able to do it before I believe on the windows 10 but im on 11 now....
  6. hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading...: hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading installation media, ISO file like Windows 11 from Microsoft's official website?In which case should I choose Reset PC and in which case should I choose option to download the installation...
  7. hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading...

hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading...: hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading installation media, ISO file like Windows 11 from Microsoft's official website?In which case should I choose Reset PC and in which case should I choose option to download the installation...
  8. I found my recovery key, but now bit locker won't let me reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found my recovery key, but now bit locker won't let me reset my pc: I have an ROG Ally, which crashed on me while I was downloading a simple game, and it took me to pc automatic repair saying it couldn't fix the issue. Then it asked for my bitlocker key, which I have NEVER heard of before this point. So in trying everything humanly possible,...
  9. I found my recovery key, but now bit locker won't let me reset my pc

I found my recovery key, but now bit locker won't let me reset my pc: I have an ROG Ally, which crashed on me while I was downloading a simple game, and it took me to pc automatic repair saying it couldn't fix the issue. Then it asked for my bitlocker key, which I have NEVER heard of before this point. So in trying everything humanly possible,...
  10. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows: Hello,My daughter went to open her Lenovo school laptop this morning and there was a blue screen asking to enter the BitLocker recovery key. I tried following online instructions to get the recovery key to no avail. Her personal school outlook account says "no devices linked...