Windows 10: Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup

Discus and support Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I power up my computer, it sometimes says that the battery is at 1%. However, it turns out that it is not correct as the percentage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NathanKasprzyk-Heuff, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup

Whenever I power up my computer, it sometimes says that the battery is at 1%. However, it turns out that it is not correct as the percentage immediately jumps whenever I plug in e.g. 1% on battery, 29% as soon as I plug in. Is there a problem with the battery and/or a different component of the computer?

DELL XPS 15 7590

Intel i7 9750

16 GB RAM

4GB NVIDIA GTX 1650

:)

NathanKasprzyk-Heuff, Feb 1, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup

1. Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup - Similar Threads - charge error upon

2. Charging alert upon startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Charging alert upon startup: So, I am using a school device, and when I opened up my plugged-in computer after being on sleep for about an hour, I got some sort of warning alerting me about how my AC Adapter I assume it means the charger wasn't working right, and my computer wouldn't charge. I tried to...
  3. Charging alert upon startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charging alert upon startup: So, I am using a school device, and when I opened up my plugged-in computer after being on sleep for about an hour, I got some sort of warning alerting me about how my AC Adapter I assume it means the charger wasn't working right, and my computer wouldn't charge. I tried to...
  4. Charging alert upon startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10: I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is...
  6. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10: I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is...
  7. receiving the following error upon startup...

receiving the following error upon startup...: receiving the following error upon startup "c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receiving-the-following-error-upon-startup/12367a3b-1ad3-4dbd-aef4-e53bfa60fbf9
  8. can not enter pin upon wakeup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can not enter pin upon wakeup: It seems like the I can not enter my pin after wake up issue has been around for years without an answer. It is a security issue, since it has forced me to abandon the lock screen entirely. Come on Microsoft....
  9. Error 3FO upon startup

Error 3FO upon startup: Hello, I am posting this to see if anyone else has this same problem or a solution. Sometimes, upon startup, my computer will come up with the error 3FO, boot device not found or no OS installed. After about 15-20 minutes of leaving my computer turned off I can turn it back...
  10. Startup vs wakeup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup vs wakeup: A question for you guru's. I have my lockscreen background set to Windows spotlight. (I like their pictures ok? *Smile ). When I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up (like moving work from work to home) I have the windows spotlight picture when it wakes up. This is exactly...