Windows 10: Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem

Discus and support Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Being an Apple user, but my wife asked me!! not keyed up on Windows, l read up on possible causes! by this time my wife was pulling her hair out!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FreeSphinx29002, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem

Being an Apple user, but my wife asked me!! not keyed up on Windows, l read up on possible causes! by this time my wife was pulling her hair out! trying to set her windows 10 laptop from going into 1 minute lock screen.

l went all through the "regedit" procedures, taking photos prior to any modifications l tried, but still 1 minute lock screen was happing. Going back to my Microsoft day's, l couldn't locate the "Screen Saver" app anywhere, so l entered "screen saver" where l've been entering "regedit" and "power options" etc in the search box; and a small box popped up on the screen headed "screen saver" showing the setting for 1 minute, l didn't want to increase the time duration here, which would of only taken a second to do, l choose the option not to set anytimes here ie either tick or untick the box as stated and set and control the time in the lock screen facility in "Windows settings".

Like most things once you know it literary took a couple of seconds to fix. Obvious to the wiz kids; but not so obvious to some?

:)

FreeSphinx29002, Jan 2, 2020

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 2, 2020
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 2, 2020
  4. prana31 Win User

Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem

Windows 10 Lock Screen Problem

• Have you made any changes or updates to your PC prior to this?

>> I have made some driver updates related to my steel series keyboard drivers, but I don't think it has to do anything in here.

• Are you getting any error messages?
    >> No, at least, I do not see one.

• What is the build number of your operating system?
    >> Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build No.: 15063.483

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    >> I've done couple of steps. Checked some similar error mention in the following forum threads:

Windows 10 Lock Screen Problems

Followed these steps, mentioned here:

Windows 10 Spotlight stopped working? Here's the fix.

Also checked the following links:

Lock screen background image does not appear (Anniversary Update) - Windows 10 Help Forums

Change Lock Screen Background in Windows 10

Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade - Windows 10 Help Forums

Possible way to get round lockscreen problem - Windows 10 Help Forums

My "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" option is already checked.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...problems/d6b9268d-9c04-47fd-906c-fb3b2f9ce691

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...kground-on-sign-in-screen-in-windows-10.7215/

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/fix-not-seeing-all-possible-apps-lock-screen-options-windows-10

• Is it possible for you to send us a screenshot of the issue?
    >> No, because I cannot take a screenshot while it's trying to lock the screen.

Thanks for your response. Hope I'll get some definitive guide to solve this issue soon.

prana31, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem

1. Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem - Similar Threads - minute lock screen

2. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  3. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  4. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  5. Screen Locks after 1 minute

Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  6. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys, A few weeks ago my Windows 1 reserved, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen. I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being: Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time. Disable and enable the system video card....
  7. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys, A few weeks ago my Windows 1 reserved, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen. I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being: Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time. Disable and enable the system video card....
  8. Lock Screen Taking 1 Minute to appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lock Screen Taking 1 Minute to appear: Hi!For some days my windows 10 PC is having a problem that when PC Boots up I get Windows Logo For 3 Seconds then a cursor Appears which lasts for 1 to 2 minutes then lock screen appears it usually lags a lot . When I click lock screen the PC shows Lock Screen Picture for 20...
  9. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Please Help, My computer locks itself after 1 min of inactivity. I've tried: Changing theme to Default Changing Screen Saver settings to different time/off Changing the Power plan in Power Options Editing the values in Windows Registry with Regedit Changed...
  10. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute: I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do something it would just show up on the lock screen. These are the current settings for my power plan. How could I fix this? It is...