Windows 10: Windows 10 100% Disk bug

Discus and support Windows 10 100% Disk bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When is that going to be fixed? I am sick and tired of the endless boot-up process. I am thinking of moving to a Mac after 30 years of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SusanPaxton, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 100% Disk bug

When is that going to be fixed? I am sick and tired of the endless boot-up process. I am thinking of moving to a Mac after 30 years of Windows machines. This should be a class-action issue, and yet it roars on.

:)

SusanPaxton, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Disk is always at 100%

Hi Richard,

Some bugs or disk drive errors may cause high disk utilization. If your task manager shows 100% disk utilization, you may need to optimize Windows by following these troubleshooting methods:

Disable Windows Search

Some bug in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 causes some "search loop" that causes maximum utilization of your disk. To disable
    Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down to find Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Disabled and save the changes.

Disable Superfetch Service

Superfetch service has been identified as a possible cause of 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. To disable Superfetch service, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net.exe stop superfetch and press Enter.
    • Wait for a minute for the changes to apply and close the Command Prompt.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 8, 2018
  3. 100% disk usage bug - tried everything online - FIX DATE please ???!!

Issue: 100% disk usage bringing down my whole system perfomance

Workaround: NONE are working ( tried more than 40 suggestions including Microsoft one)

Requirement:

• A working workaround
    • FIX date ( ETA )

Paddy_1991, Nov 8, 2018
  4. TimGrandt Win User

Windows 10 100% Disk bug

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 100% Disk bug

1. Windows 10 100% Disk bug - Similar Threads - 100% Disk bug

2. 100% Disk Bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disk Bug: Hello! When I open my Task Manager and no other app is open, I see that Task Manager says 100% Disk. Can you help me, please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-bug/f46f1c5d-3a9d-4d67-89ca-80d979c1fd4c
  3. 100% disk usage bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage bug: I am not the only one reporting this but windows 10 software is cussing mine and many others a disk problem which is making are computer's slower its getting annoying and I am wondering when there will be A fix?...
  4. 100% disk usage bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage bug: hi there, recently I've been having issues with my pc where my disk usage on my main windows drive is almost constantly at 100%, which has caused my system to become incredibly slow, however in my atempts I have been unable to rectify this issue I looked into the issue and...
  5. Windows 10 100% disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 100% disk: So tired of this. Wasting my time without being able to work morning after morning... A dozen of possible solutions are provided?!? do you really think that someone who doesnt understand a word of it can really go one by one and find which one works for her??? the tsk...
  6. 100% Disk Use bug for two years

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Use bug for two years: Hello everyone,I bought this laptop in July 2017 and ever since then the disk usage has almost always been at 100%. Most of the time the computer is fine with this but sometimes it gets really slow. I've done all of the usual methods to fix this (disable Windows Search,...
  7. windows 10 100% disk

windows 10 100% disk: After being offline for a day or so, Windows 10 will spend 10-20 minutes at 100% Disk installing updates or whatever it's doing... During this time the user interface so slow and unresponsive and is unusable....
  8. Disk 100% windows 10

Disk 100% windows 10: FIXED..... After weeks of having this problem. I have now fixed mine. Search for Apps and features, scroll down to Microsoft Edge App. Left click. Open Advance Options. Click on Repair. Then click on Reset....
  9. Disk 100% full bug in Windows 10

Disk 100% full bug in Windows 10: So, when is Microsoft going to fix this or bring out a new version of Windows 10 or higher? It would even be less irritating if there was a proper acknowledgement from Microsoft that this is a genuine issue. I've tried all the tatty solutions that are plastered all over...
  10. 100% Disk Usage Bug

100% Disk Usage Bug: Windows 10 users have long suffered a bug causing the disk drive to report 100% usage; when will you address this serious impairment? The lack of address is egregious. Provide a schedule for resolving the dysfunction....