Windows 10: Windows 10 100% Disk bug

Discus and support Windows 10 100% Disk bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When is that going to be fixed? I am sick and tired of the endless boot-up process. I am thinking of moving to a Mac after 30 years of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SusanPaxton, Nov 8, 2018.

1. SusanPaxton Win User

Windows 10 100% Disk bug

When is that going to be fixed? I am sick and tired of the endless boot-up process. I am thinking of moving to a Mac after 30 years of Windows machines. This should be a class-action issue, and yet it roars on.

:)

SusanPaxton, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Disk is always at 100%

Hi Richard,

Some bugs or disk drive errors may cause high disk utilization. If your task manager shows 100% disk utilization, you may need to optimize Windows by following these troubleshooting methods:

Disable Windows Search

Some bug in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 causes some "search loop" that causes maximum utilization of your disk. To disable
    Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down to find Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Disabled and save the changes.

Disable Superfetch Service

Superfetch service has been identified as a possible cause of 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. To disable Superfetch service, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net.exe stop superfetch and press Enter.
    • Wait for a minute for the changes to apply and close the Command Prompt.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Paddy_1991 Win User
    100% disk usage bug - tried everything online - FIX DATE please ???!!

Issue: 100% disk usage bringing down my whole system perfomance

Workaround: NONE are working ( tried more than 40 suggestions including Microsoft one)

Requirement:

• A working workaround
    • FIX date ( ETA )

Paddy_1991, Nov 8, 2018
  4. TimGrandt Win User

Windows 10 100% Disk bug

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 100% Disk bug

1. Windows 10 100% Disk bug - Similar Threads - 100% Disk bug

2. WINDOWS 10 DISK 100% PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 DISK 100% PROBLEM: I often get DISK USAGE 100% and haven't found what causes the problem. I've tried disabling SuperFetch and Windows Search, but that doesn't seem to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-disk-100-problem/a54dbf30-1a2a-44e0-80ff-de9e569bbc6c
  3. 100% Disk Usage Bug

100% Disk Usage Bug: Windows 10 users have long suffered a bug causing the disk drive to report 100% usage; when will you address this serious impairment? The lack of address is egregious. Provide a schedule for resolving the dysfunction....
  4. 100% disk usage, windows 10

100% disk usage, windows 10: I have bought a new laptop last week and its disk usage is 100%. I am using Intel 15 8th Gen and 4GB RAM with Windows 10. Any update from Microsoft? What should I do? My new laptop is not working as per expectation....
  5. 100% Disk?

100% Disk?: I have a relatively new Acer Aspire3 Laptop and am having a problem with its speed going SO SLOW TO DO ANYTHING. I opened my task manager and noted that I'm using 100% Disk space (on what I have no clue). With a quick google search, I noted that this is a pretty common...
  6. Windows Disk rate 100%

Windows Disk rate 100%: Hi I am suffering this issue from 4 years now and tried every options as possible and I could not rectify my pc is getting lagged continuously. I am a student and use only web browser and MS office to work in my laptop most of the times. As soon as I open couple of tabs...
  7. 100% Disk

100% Disk: My computer starts out fine, but ram usage starts climbing as I use it and after some time it hits 90% or so and then the disk usage sky rockets to 100%. I've had this problem before but none of the solutions I've tried in the past work anymore. I've disabled windows search,...
  8. Windows 10 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 100% disk usage: So the laptop updated (1607) and surprise surprise it's been sluggish since. [img] I think I may move over to Linux, this is beyond a joke. 66642
  9. Windows 10 100% disk usage

Windows 10 100% disk usage: I have lenovo g480 with 750gb hdd and 6gb ram. when i installed y windows 10 it worked fine for me for 4 months but now its lagging due to 100% diskactive time. i tried disabling superfetch, windows search, BTS , notifications , antivirus , chrome and skype pre-fetching but...
  10. Windows 10 Disk Usage 100%

Windows 10 Disk Usage 100%: Hey *Smile For some reason, my disk, when i open my computer and at some other point, always spikes up to 100% for a few minutes. This happens when : at the start, Something called System and compressed memory always make my pc go to 100% disk usage. Later on,...