Windows 10: Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset

Discus and support Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good evening, I'm getting a 100% disk usage issue on my laptop. I've done a fresh reset to factory settings and it's still the same. I've run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bubbs1983, Mar 28, 2019.

1. bubbs1983 Win User

Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset

Good evening,

I'm getting a 100% disk usage issue on my laptop. I've done a fresh reset to factory settings and it's still the same.

I've run Malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy, and Avast.

I've also gone through Checkdisk, disk defrag etc.

I'm going to buy an SSD regardless for the performance benefits, but i'm concerned that this issue is going to follow me from the HDD to the SSD when I clone the drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a competent computer user and should be able to follow any direction.

Thank you in advance.

:)

bubbs1983, Mar 28, 2019

2. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Mar 28, 2019
  3. 100% disk usage on Windows 10

I have been having 100% disk usage off and on for several months. I have tried all steps from every suggestion I can find and nothing resolves the issue. I finally reset to a fresh install of Windows (wiping out all of my files and programs). Here I am
    with nothing on this computer, two programs open (Task Manager and Chrome), bouncing between 22-100% disk usage. Please help! I'm at my wits end! I have a Intel Core i7-7500 CPU @ 2.75 GHz, 2tb hard drive and 16 GB RAM

KristinaClever, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset

garybear89, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset

1. Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset - Similar Threads - 100% disk usage

2. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage even after factory reset: Well, the subject can pretty much explain my question. My pc had been reaching 100% disk usage in task manager for months so I decided to factory reseting it. Unfortunately, now it seems it is worse than before, and even opening Microsoft Edge or a PDF document can take...
  3. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage even after factory reset: Well, the subject can pretty much explain my question. My pc had been reaching 100% disk usage in task manager for months so I decided to factory reseting it. Unfortunately, now it seems it is worse than before, and even opening Microsoft Edge or a PDF document can take...
  4. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop at 100% disk usage after factory reset.

Laptop at 100% disk usage after factory reset.: The other day I grabbed my old laptop because I was going to use it for school, and after starting it up, I remembered how slow it was so I was going to look into it, long story short, it was at 100% disk usage, that is my best guess of why it is so slow. So I decided I was...
  6. 100% Disk Usage even after factory reset

100% Disk Usage even after factory reset: I've tried nearly every thing I've seen about the issue and none have seemed to work. I factory resetted my computed and it'll bounce from 1% to 100% when I try to do anything....
  7. system 100% disk usage even after reset

system 100% disk usage even after reset: completely resetting my windows 10 laptop still doesn't help. laptop is: HP 250 G6 Notebook PC specs: x64 bit intel core i3-6006U, 4 cores, 2.00GHz 4 GB ram Windows 10 disk: WDC WD5000LPCX-60VHAT0...
  8. Disk usage 100% even after full reset!

Disk usage 100% even after full reset!: No matter what i do, various things randomly spike the disk to 100%! I had no problems until last week, and then every game I had started lagging and things started to slow down. Even after the full reset with nothing extra downloaded and background apps off it still spikes...
  9. Disk at 100% even after a factory reset

Disk at 100% even after a factory reset: So i fully reset my laptop which has windows 10 updated version. Even after resetting it ,the disk is at 100% and there are around 89 background process running which i have no clue about. Hope i could get a solution...
  10. Laptop idles at 100% CPU usage even after a factory reset

Laptop idles at 100% CPU usage even after a factory reset: So for quite a while now my laptop has been running painfully slow with its CPU usage constantly at 100%. I've tried every guide and solution available but nothing worked so in the end i decided to completely reset my computer to see if it would fix it. But no, i open up the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windwos 10 high disk usage after factory reset

2. 100% disk windows 10 even after reset

3. 100% disk usage in windows 10 even after reset

4. 100% disk usage after reset,
  5. windows 10 100% disk usage