Windows 10: Windows 10 100% disk usage with frequent freezing and crashing (black screen) PLEASE HELP!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 100% disk usage with frequent freezing and crashing (black screen) PLEASE HELP!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve had my pc for a couple months and all of a sudden it starts freezing, black screening then restarts only to freeze again in the process. My disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kalrmhm, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 100% disk usage with frequent freezing and crashing (black screen) PLEASE HELP!!!

I’ve had my pc for a couple months and all of a sudden it starts freezing, black screening then restarts only to freeze again in the process. My disk usage spikes occasionally and I suspect that has something to do with it. I’ve been working on it for days now and nothing seems to be working. I’m seeking anyone’s help who knows something about this or has experienced a similar issue. Anything will help!! I’m desperate and hopeless.

submitted by /u/kalrmhm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kalrmhm, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Ognips Win User

Disk usage 100% please help

After struggling with another freeze, I've managed to get 1 screenshot of the task manager during the time of disk usage 100%

Windows 10 100% disk usage with frequent freezing and crashing (black screen) PLEASE HELP!!! [​IMG]

Ognips, Jul 9, 2020
  3. JanGramc Win User
    Windows 10 constantly freezing crashing possibly 100% disk usage

Hello everyone,

so for past week my computer is acting unbearable. It first off takes ages to load but at the same time it is constantly freezing, the blue scrolling cursor appears. The freezing may stop and while it does the computer operates normally. Also windows tends
    to crash (compIete laptop freezes and window about Windows not responding appears making me either wait or close it-foeces to restart computer) the taskbar also doesnt load propperly sometimes aswell as login screen.. It is freezing and i have to wait for
    hours. The problem started when I wasnt using laptop for about 2 weeks, before everything worked fine exepct for 100% disk usage that sometimes appeared in task maneger. I was analyzing disk usage and it tends to jump to 100% quite frequently and also it is
    usually the system or process ran by system that causes it. So far i tried cleaning hard drive a bit and disabling some of the processes that were supposed to caus issues but nothing helped. As matter of fact computer is completley useless past 2 days-everything
    takes too Long to load and freezes constantly. Laptop "Dell Inspirion 7470" specs:

-8Gb RAM

-2cores 1.8-2.4ghz processor

-Amd radeon Mobile graphics

-OS Windows 10

Thank you in advance for any help Windows 10 100% disk usage with frequent freezing and crashing (black screen) PLEASE HELP!!! :)

JanGramc, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 100% disk usage with frequent freezing and crashing (black screen) PLEASE HELP!!!

100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 100% disk usage with frequent freezing and crashing (black screen) PLEASE HELP!!!

1. Windows 10 100% disk usage with frequent freezing and crashing (black screen) PLEASE HELP!!! - Similar Threads - 100% disk usage

2. Laptop freezes when disk usage shoots to 100% frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes when disk usage shoots to 100% frequently: This problem has been going on for several months now and I am increasingly frustrated by it and desperate for a permanent solution. It comes and goes for approximately a month at a time, then seems to self-resolve. I am currently experiencing the issue at the...
  3. Laptop freezes when disk usage shoots to 100% frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes when disk usage shoots to 100% frequently: This problem has been going on for several months now and I am increasingly frustrated by it and desperate for a permanent solution. It comes and goes for approximately a month at a time, then seems to self-resolve. I am currently experiencing the issue at the...
  4. Laptop freezes when disk usage shoots to 100% frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stickVersion 1709 i try upgrade it to 1909 does not work My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they...
  6. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stick My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they keep giving me error like 0x800f0922 0x800f0900and...
  7. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stick My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they keep giving me error like 0x800f0922 0x800f0900and...
  8. Disk Usage 100% and Frequent Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100% and Frequent Freezes: So I'm getting this Disk Usage 100% since about a month for about 5 - 10 mins after bootup and randomly. Computer is completely unusable during this times. No process is consuming disk resources (0% I/O) . I've tried everything on the internet except Clean installing windows....
  9. 100% Disk usage freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% Disk usage freeze: I got a problem on my Disk 0 (Seagate SSHD) it goes 100% randomly and freezes the whole pc i can still move the cursor but it wont register when i click but after a while it register it is more noticable when copying large files but when i open the pc and reconnect the Power...
  10. Disk usage 100% please help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk usage 100% please help: Hello, i have been years reading in this forum, but i have never been a member, now i need your help! I have a laptop (Lenovo z50-70) (Bought 2 years ago) Specs: Intel core i5 7200U 2.5GHz - 2.71GHz RAM: 6 GB 64 bit windows 10 home 1000 gb Hard disk Asus page drivers...