Windows 10: Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite

Discus and support Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Title. I've tried every single solution I could find on this forum, but absoulutely nothing works. Reinstalled Windows multiple times, still no joy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KeikoDeer, Jan 14, 2021.

1. KeikoDeer Win User

Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite

Title. I've tried every single solution I could find on this forum, but absoulutely nothing works. Reinstalled Windows multiple times, still no joy. Tried a new SATA cable and even different SATA ports, still nothing. Is there anything I can do, or am I just stuck with this issue forever?

WPA revealed that the cause of this issue is something under System PID 4, but I just can't find out what it is. In task manager, System shows up as the process utilizing the Disk space the most, at 0.1mb, everything else will be 0.0mb

:)

KeikoDeer, Jan 14, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Disk Usage stuck at 100%

Disk usage 100%

Read 2.4MBs Write 0KB/s

SMART came back fine. I know the drive is fine.

DarkRookie3, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite

Windows 10 Disk usage 100 %

I have a similar problem.

Been using Windows 10 Pro for months now with no issue and have an SSD as the system drive. I had recently run the following SSD optimisation tasks and the problems seemed to start happening after that.

• Turned off indexing
    • Turned off the drive optimisation/defragmentation
    • Ensured TRIM was enabled
    I have tried turning indexing back on but the disk usage spikes to 100% before the task can complete!

I'm going to try a fresh install and test from there.

CanonFodder, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite

1. Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite - Similar Threads - 100% SSD usage

2. 100% ssd Disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% ssd Disk usage: Whenever I put the ssd under load such as downloading a game, it drastically slows down and shows the image below in task manager. When the game is just starting to download, task manager shows upwards of 200MB/s at around 60% disk usage, before dropping. It may also be noted...
  3. SSD usage reaching 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD usage reaching 100%: Hey, so this problem has been happening for a while now, only just now writing this. Whenever I play Grand Theft Auto V, this triggers the issue: my SSD usage keeps reaching 100% and freezing my game. This is whenever I travel around the map in a car, plane, etc. I don't...
  4. 100% ssd usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% ssd usage: when i start windows i have to wait almost 5 minuted to do anything every program that i open in these 5 minutes is unresponsive, i looked everywhere for a solution but i couldn't find any, all the ones that i found like disabling superfetch didnt work for me, has anyone...
  5. 100% Hard Drive usage, 0kb/s read/write, 0ms response time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% Hard Drive usage, 0kb/s read/write, 0ms response time: I've had an issue with my hard drive ever since windows startup performed a Disk Error check, and it makes it impossible to play games or use the computer regularly. This issue occurs at completely random times, most usually when doing anything strenuous on the hard drive. I...
  6. 100% Disk usage on startup and games with SSD

100% Disk usage on startup and games with SSD: I've been having this issue with my desktop where it will be fairly slow/unresponsive during startup and on loading screens for games. I've noticed by looking in task manager that the disk usage spikes to 100% during this, which seems strange. There's also some slowdown...
  7. SSD or RAM upgrade for 100 disk usage.

SSD or RAM upgrade for 100 disk usage.: Hello there. So I have done pretty much all I can to help fix my disk usage. Disabling superfetch and windows search. And looked at tons of videos on the matter. I think it might be time to just upgrade the parts on my comp now. I was wondering what would help with the disk...
  8. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freeze-and-ssd-usage-spiked-to-100/decd61f2-94c8-4d3a-97c2-c6392efe9f04
  9. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi my name is Kelvin, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. my pc specs is: Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 AMD Ryzen 1600x 8gb ram ddr4 2666mhz Gtx 1060 here's my driver: [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Explorer 100% RAM usage and 100% SSD usage on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer 100% RAM usage and 100% SSD usage on Windows 10.: Hi. Let me start by saying that this problem doesn't occur on Windows 7. I use VLC media player to record some streamings, which are saved as .ts files. When I want to watch them, I go to the documents folder and I have to wait about 90 seconds because Windows says "Working...