Windows 10: Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite

Discus and support Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Title. I've tried every single solution I could find on this forum, but absoulutely nothing works. Reinstalled Windows multiple times, still no joy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KeikoDeer, Jan 14, 2021.

1. KeikoDeer Win User

Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite

Title. I've tried every single solution I could find on this forum, but absoulutely nothing works. Reinstalled Windows multiple times, still no joy. Tried a new SATA cable and even different SATA ports, still nothing. Is there anything I can do, or am I just stuck with this issue forever?

WPA revealed that the cause of this issue is something under System PID 4, but I just can't find out what it is. In task manager, System shows up as the process utilizing the Disk space the most, at 0.1mb, everything else will be 0.0mb

:)

KeikoDeer, Jan 14, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Disk Usage stuck at 100%

Disk usage 100%

Read 2.4MBs Write 0KB/s

SMART came back fine. I know the drive is fine.

DarkRookie3, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite

Windows 10 Disk usage 100 %

I have a similar problem.

Been using Windows 10 Pro for months now with no issue and have an SSD as the system drive. I had recently run the following SSD optimisation tasks and the problems seemed to start happening after that.

• Turned off indexing
    • Turned off the drive optimisation/defragmentation
    • Ensured TRIM was enabled
    I have tried turning indexing back on but the disk usage spikes to 100% before the task can complete!

I'm going to try a fresh install and test from there.

CanonFodder, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite

1. Windows 10 100% SSD usage, 0kb readwrite - Similar Threads - 100% SSD usage

2. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  3. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  4. 100% SSD usage for no reason

100% SSD usage for no reason: After building my new pc i have been facing this issue since day one so the thing is my samsung 970 evo plus ssd goes 100% usage without any activity or read write speed is 0 just ssd 100% and its hard locked on windows and i have to reset manually from cabinet to restart and...
  5. 100% Disk usage in an SSD

100% Disk usage in an SSD: I just now installed Windows 10 from the media tool in a 240 GB SSD. When running nothing, my ssd has disk usage of 95-100%. I also have a 1TB HDD connected and has 0% disk usage. I have attached screen shot of the disk usage graph from the task manager. What should i do? it...
  6. SSD Disk Usage 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD Disk Usage 100%: Hello I've been using Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ITL05 for around six months now. My experience was pretty satisfactory at first, but I've been encountering the same problems for the past three weeks that didn't happen before: 100% disk usage after using my notebook for some period...
  7. ssd stuck at 100% usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ssd stuck at 100% usage: As of a few days ago one of my ssds just hangs at 100% usage. I've tried superfecth but I can't find it on my pc (amd 3700x) so idk if that's a cause. I've done virus scans and uninstalled some clutter but nothing is fixing it. it's really fucking annoying and any help would...
  8. 100% ssd Disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% ssd Disk usage: Whenever I put the ssd under load such as downloading a game, it drastically slows down and shows the image below in task manager. When the game is just starting to download, task manager shows upwards of 200MB/s at around 60% disk usage, before dropping. It may also be noted...
  9. 100% ssd usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% ssd usage: when i start windows i have to wait almost 5 minuted to do anything every program that i open in these 5 minutes is unresponsive, i looked everywhere for a solution but i couldn't find any, all the ones that i found like disabling superfetch didnt work for me, has anyone...
  10. Windows Explorer 100% RAM usage and 100% SSD usage on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer 100% RAM usage and 100% SSD usage on Windows 10.: Hi. Let me start by saying that this problem doesn't occur on Windows 7. I use VLC media player to record some streamings, which are saved as .ts files. When I want to watch them, I go to the documents folder and I have to wait about 90 seconds because Windows says "Working...