Windows 10: Windows 10 10586 build has a corrupt registry.

Discus and support Windows 10 10586 build has a corrupt registry. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am on my 3rd format of the day because for some reason using the new build, if I search for a file in regedit it never finishes searching and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sayjimwoo, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Sayjimwoo Win User

Windows 10 10586 build has a corrupt registry.

I am on my 3rd format of the day because for some reason using the new build, if I search for a file in regedit it never finishes searching and I have to quit regedit, which causes an appcrash.

The corruption seems to be in the middle of the registry. If the file I am looking for is near the top then it finds it okay. If I start a file search over half way down it is okay.
    If I start a search that requires the full registry to be searched then it hangs.

If somebody could try something for me and search for a file in their registry, preferably for a file that does not exist so the registry gets a full sweep to the end and then I know it is not the new 10586 causing the issue.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Sayjimwoo, Nov 14, 2015
  2. Srosea Win User

DISM can not repair some corrupt files

I solved problem with SFC and DISM. Windows Update is not issues. I found Nvidia (GPU) driver issues in Windows 10 build 10586.

SOLVED PROBLEM FOLLOW:

Step 1

I reinstalled old Windows 10 build 10240.

Step 2

I reinstall Nivdia driver in old Windows 10 build 10240.

Step 3

I installed Windows 10 build 10586 upgrade by use Windows Update.

Step 4

I run DISM scan and SFC scan and there no more corrupt files.

Srosea, Nov 14, 2015
  3. A. Salas Win User
    Three finger swipe gestures not working!!!!

Hi,

I have version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192). And I bought the laptop with Windows 10, but I am not sure which version it came with. I checked the registry, under setup and the oldest update says was to version 1511, build number 10586.

A. Salas, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

No problem here. Tried it twice with no issues.

Snakeyes, Nov 14, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    I'd be checking the HDD for errors for starters.

6. Sayjimwoo Win User
    Thanks for checking guys. This prompted to me to search further. This is the key that is causing the regedit search to hang.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\WPN\{577289b6-6e75-11df-86f8-18a905160fe0}

I have not got a clue what it is or whether I can just delete it. I have only installed the latest build along with the drivers and nothing more. Maybe I need to try the regedit search before every separate driver install if a driver is causing it. My drivers were fine before the November update. Damn.

Sayjimwoo, Nov 14, 2015
  7. linw Win User
    That is a normal key and should not be deleted on the evidence so far. Mine will search to end.

You need to do a hardware check on your HDD. Download and install HDTune and run the full 'Error check' (untick the Quick option). This will take quite a while.

8. Sayjimwoo Win User

Thanks I am running it now. I am getting several registry entries saying "An error is preventing this key from being opened"
    Hence causing the search hang. Strange why this is only happening with the new build.

Sayjimwoo, Nov 14, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    I exported that key from my Win 10 Pro X64 th2 system. You could try deleting the existing one then import the one below.

WPN.zip

This is what it looks like:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\WPN] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\WPN\{577289b6-6e75-11df-86f8-18a905160fe0}] "Enabled"=dword:00000001 "Flags"=dword:00000001[/quote] Just do a registry backup before doing this or at least create a System Restore Point. You will have to enable System Restore as it's disabled by default.

Ztruker, Nov 14, 2015
  10. Sayjimwoo Win User
    Ran the full scan on my SSD and no errors. The only thing I can think of doing is formatting again then complete a file search using regedit. If it completes the full search okay, install the first driver then run a second file search and continue till I find the culprit.

Sayjimwoo, Nov 14, 2015
  11. Sayjimwoo Win User
    Just do a registry backup before doing this or at least create a System Restore Point. You will have to enable System Restore as it's disabled by default.[/quote] Thanks.
    I just formatted for the 4th time. No drivers installed and I immediately ran a file search in regedit and it hung again. It seems there are more errors in files.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Device classes is full of errors.
    I am really worried and stumped. My drives, ram and motherboard are error free. How can a fresh installation have these registry errors?
    I do not know where to go from here apart from sell/swap parts of my £2000 pc till I find out what's causing it *Sad

Sayjimwoo, Nov 14, 2015
  12. linw Win User
    Wow, that is awful for you.

Does your system give errors or malfunction other than during a reg search?

13. Sayjimwoo Win User

No errors at all. Sfc runs perfect. Everything does. In years of working with pc's I cannot figure this. I assumed a driver would be the culprit but it happens immediately as the installation finishes. There is not a single thing plugged in or installed.

Sayjimwoo, Nov 14, 2015
  14. GammyKnee Win User
    Just a thought - have you taken a good look through the system event log (Event Viewer -> Windows Logs ->System) to see if there are any clues there ?

GammyKnee, Nov 14, 2015
  15. linw Win User
    Good idea, Gammy.

But how on earth can the problem only show with regedit?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 10586 build has a corrupt registry. - Similar Threads - 10586 build has

2. Corrupted registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted registry in windows 10: Hi everyone,recently three months ago i dual booted my pc with windows 7 and windows 10. After that i deleted windows 7,then windows 10 worked good for some days, later i faced the problem, exe files not opening and when i install a program and tried to open it,i got an...
  3. Windows 10 Corrupt Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Corrupt Registry: My PC has been experiencing a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONs regularly with cumulative updates recently. In the past, I've successfully uninstalled the update, or when that did not work I used System Restore. After upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004, I experienced another...
  4. windows 10 registry corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 registry corrupt: I get error code 0x00003f1 when trying to update drivers or windows. cannot reinstall as I have tried https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-registry-corrupt/ab4e151a-916c-45a6-bd5b-80e741ebbd0d
  5. Windows 10 registry corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 registry corruption: Hi, as of the October 2018 Windows 10 update, I haven't been able to use my newly bought laptop. I went to boot it up one day after normal usage, and since I've been trying to fix it, I've had a host of errors that I've come across. I've come to the conclusion that my...
  6. Update to Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  7. Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10586: Hi, Problem updating To Build 10586 from 10576. I am on an x64 platform. After downloading and preparing to install, it then goes "Configuring Update for Windows 10 xx% compete. Do not turn Off Your Computer" When 100% is reached it then Restarts. Upon restart it does not...
  8. windows 10 build 10586 & nvidia issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows 10 build 10586 & nvidia issues: I recently had a clean install on my system using the windows 10 November update iso that I've gotten. Everything seems to work fine with installing drivers like intel hd, rapid storage, audio, serial io, chipset, card reader but when I installed the latest NVidia graphics...
  9. windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix ((((((( log file I applyCBS.rar Windows 10 pro x64 licensing 37974
  10. Windows 10 SDK Build 10586 breakdown

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Build 10586 breakdown: This week we released a new Windows 10 SDK. Let’s dive deeper into some of the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) improvements in the SDK update: Visuals, Effects, and Animations Introducing Windows.UI.Composition, a new API family that directly targets the UI foundation...