Windows 10: Windows 10 1090 update has caused my laptop to sleep every 2 minutes and go to lockscreen.

Discus and support Windows 10 1090 update has caused my laptop to sleep every 2 minutes and go to lockscreen. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since widows 10 1090 update my laptop goes to sleep after just TWO MINUTES and opens lock screen and have to sign in again to reopen. Tried all of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LarryKnick, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1090 update has caused my laptop to sleep every 2 minutes and go to lockscreen.

Since widows 10 1090 update my laptop goes to sleep after just TWO MINUTES and opens lock screen and have to sign in again to reopen. Tried all of troubleshooting power/sleep settings and still no solution.

How can I fix this very frustrating problem? Hope someone else can help solve this as so far my research and tried solutions have failed. Thanks

:)

LarryKnick, Apr 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 1090 update has caused my laptop to sleep every 2 minutes and go to lockscreen.

Sleep / Hibernate mode after 2 minutes. Windows 10

This has also occurred on my Toshiba laptop after the recent creators update....have tried most of the suggestions in this thread with no luck....laptop keeps going into sleep mode after 1-2 minutes even though settings are for never.

Please fix Microsoft.

scootcologne, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1090 update has caused my laptop to sleep every 2 minutes and go to lockscreen.

1. Windows 10 1090 update has caused my laptop to sleep every 2 minutes and go to lockscreen. - Similar Threads - 1090 update has

2. Windows 10 : What causes display to go to sleep after one minute?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 : What causes display to go to sleep after one minute?: Hello,I have Windows 10 Enterprise. I am on a Desktop computer.I observe the following behaviour:- I lock my computer keystroke: Win+L . the "welcome screen" gets displayed, with the usual text "Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to unlock" or whatnot.- I wait exactly 60 seconds without...
  3. Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed: I have an external display hooked up to my work laptop, and after 2 minutes of inactivity, the laptop goes to sleep whether on battery or plugged in. I've checked the battery and power settings, and they are all set to 30m to turn off display and 1 hour to sleep for battery...
  4. Laptop randomly going to sleep every few minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly going to sleep every few minutes: I installed a new SSD into my Dell Insperon 13-7352, now the computer will randomly go to sleep every when it is being used. I've done some searching online and I thin the problem is similar to this one:...
  5. Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and after about 2 minutes of inactivity, it goes to sleep. Very frustrating and annoying. I can't figure out why, or how to stop it. I tried changing the settings in the screensaver, which is no screensaver, and set to 20 minutes. In power...
  6. My Asus Laptop will randomly go to sleep roughly every 10 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Asus Laptop will randomly go to sleep roughly every 10 minutes: I just recently bought the ROG Scar Edition laptop and haven't had any issues with it until now. The laptop will randomly go to sleep every 10 minutes. I've tried doing setting all the power settings stuff to never and still doesn't do anything. I looked through event viewer...
  7. / on keypad causes laptop to go to sleep

/ on keypad causes laptop to go to sleep: My Dell Latitude with Windows 10 started going to sleep seemingly randomly on me last week. I finally narrowed it down to the backslash / key on my keypad. Did I accidently create a shortcut?! How do I turn this off!?!?...
  8. Windows going to sleep within a minute or 2

Windows going to sleep within a minute or 2: What helped me resolve this issue was changing the power plan. Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options Change to a different power option...
  9. Lockscreen screensaver refreshed every minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen screensaver refreshed every minute: Hello! I am running windows 10 on my PC. I recently switched my screensaver to the lock screen by going to the screen saver settings, selecting the "(None)" option and then activating "on resume, display logon screen". After a set amount of time, the lock screen successfully...
  10. Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in: The laptop is going to sleep every 2-3 minutes while plugged in. The power settings for sleep are 1 hour on battery and 1 hour when plugged in. The screen saver is set to None. This is a relatively new behavior, did not have this problem when first upgraded to Win 10 from...