Windows 10: Windows 10-11 keyboard issues - Xiaomi laptop from China - No way to fix it

Discus and support Windows 10-11 keyboard issues - Xiaomi laptop from China - No way to fix it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'll try to be brief... I have a Xiaomi laptop Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15 2021 Laptop. I bought it in China less than two years ago. The pre-installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Altramuz1978, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Windows 10-11 keyboard issues - Xiaomi laptop from China - No way to fix it

I'll try to be brief... I have a Xiaomi laptop Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15 2021 Laptop. I bought it in China less than two years ago. The pre-installed Window was Windows 10 Home Chinese only. I managed to change the Windows to Windows 10 in English language keeping my Windows licence and I have recently updated to Windows 11. I have my Windows, drivers, etc. all up-to-date.The issue is that some keys of my keyboard does not respond delete, backspace, numbers three, four and five, j character and some other. The issue started already before updating to Windows 11. Those keys started to resp

:)

Altramuz1978, Oct 23, 2022

2. Suggest new laptop/notebook

I haven't seen laptop from Xiaomi.. are they good? Which model?

I liked hp pavilion 360x series..suggest similar in other good brands..

I don't know why everyone hates hp so much? I have used 3 laptops from hp in last 10 yrs..latest is hp envy 17 3d , 4.5 yrs till now, first time encountered hardware problem now, that got fixed too with routine service...might need to replace fan later. But no major issue till now.. working like new even now

freebird_9924, Oct 23, 2022
  3. swbst3 Win User
    Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10

All, I have recently purchased a new HP Envy laptop and I am using a Microsoft natural keyboard via USB. The keyboard works as expected for several hours of the day. However, out of nowhere, the keyboard will suddenly stop working for certain applications.

Here is what I know:

• -It doesn't seem to be every application. A lot of the times, I open a new email and suddenly cannot type. When this occurs, the delete, home, insert keys still work on the keyboard (inside of the new email reply).

• -When I can no longer type in an application, I can open an Internet browser and still type to enter a URL or search Google so the keyboard never completely stops functioning...only for the application where the problem is currently happening.

• -When I can no longer type in an application, other applications still allow me to type like there is no issue at all.

• -Unplugging the keyboard and plugging back in does not resolve the issue. Additionally, as mentioned above, the keyboard still works in other open applications.

• -Laptop has 16GB of memory. I do not believe this is a performance related issue.

• -I am rebooting my laptop a few times a day to fix the issue.

• -I am also noticing that after 10-15 minutes or so, the program(s) that previously prohibited me from typing (all of a sudden), will just start working again as if nothing ever happened.

• -Restarting the laptop fixes the issue. Closing the program experiencing the issue and then re-opening does NOT fix the problem.

What I can't figure out:

• -I cannot figure out a pattern as to which applications are experiencing this issue. It happens often in Outlook and also happens in my IM client (using pidgin). It has happened as well in SQL Server.
    • -I cannot figure out how long it takes for the program to "recover." As I mentioned above, I don't always have to reboot for the keyboard to start working again. Sometimes waiting several minutes fixes the problem.

I am troubleshooting as well as I can, but I am also quite busy with work so sometimes the easiest method is simply to reboot and hope I catch on to some pattern the next time the issue occurs.

Any help provided will certainly be appreciated as this is starting to become quite frustrating. I am also going to check HP's support, but my first inclination is that this is a Windows 10 issue.

Thanks in Advance!

swbst3, Oct 23, 2022
  4. Windows 10-11 keyboard issues - Xiaomi laptop from China - No way to fix it

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10-11 keyboard issues - Xiaomi laptop from China - No way to fix it

1. Windows 10-11 keyboard issues - Xiaomi laptop from China - No way to fix it - Similar Threads - keyboard issues Xiaomi

2. Is there a way to fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to fix this issue?: I was trying to delete a file but it said it was running in dwm.exe. So I hit end process on DWM. I’ve tried to restart my computer but every time it turns on it instantly goes black and I see nothing but black screen. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Is there a way to fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to fix this issue?: I was trying to delete a file but it said it was running in dwm.exe. So I hit end process on DWM. I’ve tried to restart my computer but every time it turns on it instantly goes black and I see nothing but black screen. Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. Is there a way to fix this issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10-11 keyboard issues - Xiaomi laptop from China - No way to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10-11 keyboard issues - Xiaomi laptop from China - No way to fix it: I'll try to be brief... I have a Xiaomi laptop Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15 2021 Laptop. I bought it in China less than two years ago. The pre-installed Window was Windows 10 Home Chinese only. I managed to change the Windows to Windows 10 in English language keeping my Windows...
  6. Is there a way to fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to fix this issue?: So Bout a week or two ago my PC been acting weird lateely of like closing the browser and then reopening the browser. But now it did it on Halo mcc just recently on my pc. I have no Idea what causing it but would like to know how to prevent it from doing it more. AS my pc...
  7. Is there a way to fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to fix this issue?: So Bout a week or two ago my PC been acting weird lateely of like closing the browser and then reopening the browser. But now it did it on Halo mcc just recently on my pc. I have no Idea what causing it but would like to know how to prevent it from doing it more. AS my pc...
  8. Lenovo laptop bought in China windows activation issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lenovo laptop bought in China windows activation issue: Hi there!I purchased in July a Lenovo laptop from jd.com Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga -- SKU: 100020822586. Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usableThe laptop came with Windows 10 Home Chinese version; after investigation I...
  9. Xiaomi to sell Windows 10 PCs outside China, starting with India

in Windows 10 News
    Xiaomi to sell Windows 10 PCs outside China, starting with India: Xiaomi’s Redmi is best known for affordable smartphones, but the company ventured into the affordable laptop market last year with RedmiBook. Xiaomi’s RedmiBook is a lineup of affordable notebooks powered by Windows 10 and it remains exclusive to the Chinese market for now....
  10. Windows 10 China

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 China: I have purchased a HP i3 desktop computer (no DVD drive) which has a Chinese version of Windows 10 Home. It won't allow me to change the language in settings which is apparently common. Can I upgrade to the English Pro version online or can I simply purchase a new English...