Windows 10: Windows 10/11 legal use with family members

Discus and support Windows 10/11 legal use with family members in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good day.Taking into account local Latvia copyright laws requirements and in order to avoid unintentional violations, I want to clarify some points... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by userAlexanderP, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Windows 10/11 legal use with family members

Good day.Taking into account local Latvia copyright laws requirements and in order to avoid unintentional violations, I want to clarify some points related to Windows 10 and Windows 11 use with/by family members.What part of the MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS and in what order directly allows my family members wife/children to use Windows 10 and 11 Home, that are installed on my personal and laptop computers?Or does each member of my family need to purchase another Windows 10/11 Home license to legally use Windows on my personal computer?Thank you.

:)

userAlexanderP, Apr 16, 2022
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Apr 16, 2022
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Unable to add or create family member or non family member account in Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using a PC at any time.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Set up family features

Getting started with Microsoft Family Safety

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Apr 16, 2022
  4. Windows 10/11 legal use with family members

Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10/11 legal use with family members

1. Windows 10/11 legal use with family members - Similar Threads - legal family members

2. Family Member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  3. Family Member

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  4. Windows 11 - Family member can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Family member can't login: Hello!Created account for my son. Added him to family.When he clicks "Login" he gets message "Please wait..." and nothing happens after it. Login link becomes grayed and nothing happens when You click on it next time.What should I do?Tried deleting and creating account -...
  5. Windows 11 - Family member can't login

Windows 11 - Family member can't login: Hello!Created account for my son. Added him to family.When he clicks "Login" he gets message "Please wait..." and nothing happens after it. Login link becomes grayed and nothing happens when You click on it next time.What should I do?Tried deleting and creating account -...
  6. Windows 10/11 legal use with family members

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 legal use with family members: Good day.Taking into account local Latvia copyright laws requirements and in order to avoid unintentional violations, I want to clarify some points related to Windows 10 and Windows 11 use with/by family members.What part of the MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS and in what...
  7. Windows 10/11 legal use with family members

Windows 10/11 legal use with family members: Good day.Taking into account local Latvia copyright laws requirements and in order to avoid unintentional violations, I want to clarify some points related to Windows 10 and Windows 11 use with/by family members.What part of the MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS and in what...
  8. Family members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  9. Deceased family member

Deceased family member: I want to get into my grandmother's computer to try and find some pictures before i reset her computer. Every attempt at recovering the password has failed saying I don't have enough of her information. I have been on the phone and trying to use the virtual agent for an hour....
  10. Family Member not showing

Family Member not showing: Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been having real trouble with my Microsoft account today. I have added myself a new account as i have a new email address. I wanted to allow my daughter to use the laptop and tried to add her as a user, so that when it turned...