Windows 10: Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue

Discus and support Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10/11 mail app forces emails to render weirdly while in dark mode. It's extremely annoying. Emails containing dark background or color are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ArpanDas06, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue

Windows 10/11 mail app forces emails to render weirdly while in dark mode. It's extremely annoying. Emails containing dark background or color are forced to render with light colored background. What is the point of dark mode then? Is there a way to disable this stupid feature? Thanks in advance.

:)

ArpanDas06, Jun 25, 2022

2. Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode

Hello IainByrne,

My Name is Paul one of the Community Expert and a Windows user like you. I do understand that you are having issues with your Windows Mail that Its not sowing the read/preview pane in dark mode even though the feature is Activated.

First lets try to reset the Windows Mail App that might resolve the problem.

Steps:

* Click Start and search for Apps & Features.

* Scroll in the Middle and look for Mail & Calendar.

* Click Advanced Options.

* Scroll at the Bottom and look for RESET and click it.

* Relaunch Windows Mail and enable the dark mode feature again and see if that did the trick.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Jun 25, 2022
  3. IainByrne Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode

I have some vision issues and need dark mode throughout mail app including the reading pane.

I have dark mode set in settings but reading pane remains white. I understand there should be a sun/moon toggle to change this but I am unable to find it.

Is it possible to get a dark reading pane on Windows 10 Mail/Calendar app.

Thanks

IainByrne, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue

1. Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue - Similar Threads - Mail app dark

2. Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11: Hello there,Recently I've noticed there's some bugs present within the address bar on the dark mode theme, both for Windows 10 and 11 and I'm unsure if it's intended or not. Whenever the address bar is clicked into focus the highlight on the dropdown arrow bugs out and has a...
  3. Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11: Hello there,Recently I've noticed there's some bugs present within the address bar on the dark mode theme, both for Windows 10 and 11 and I'm unsure if it's intended or not. Whenever the address bar is clicked into focus the highlight on the dropdown arrow bugs out and has a...
  4. Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue: Windows 10/11 mail app forces emails to render weirdly while in dark mode. It's extremely annoying. Emails containing dark background or color are forced to render with light colored background. What is the point of dark mode then? Is there a way to disable this stupid...
  7. Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode

Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode: I am trying to change windows 10 to "dark mode". I went into the colors tab and looked for "default app mode" but it doesn't show up. I have seen people suggest clicking on custom in the color tab to get it to show up but when I click on custom it brings up a another window...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode: I have some vision issues and need dark mode throughout mail app including the reading pane. I have dark mode set in settings but reading pane remains white. I understand there should be a sun/moon toggle to change this but I am unable to find it. Is it possible to get a...
  9. Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app: Microsoft last month started testing an improved dark mode for Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app. Yesterday, Microsoft officially announced the refined dark mode experience for Windows 10’s default mail app and the update is now live for all Insiders. Mail and Calendar...
  10. Windows 10 Dark Mode Issues

Windows 10 Dark Mode Issues: Hey Guys, Windows now has Dark Mode which is AWESOME. It's working flawlessly on my Razer Laptop but I can't say the same for my desktop at work. I'm the admin account on it so there shouldn't be any sort of permissions issues. When I select dark mode on my Maingear...