Windows 10: Windows 10/11 mobile hotspot - obtaining IP error - how to migrate all network settings

Discus and support Windows 10/11 mobile hotspot - obtaining IP error - how to migrate all network settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I used to enable the mobile hotspot feature and share my wifi connection via my desktop pc to my other mobile devices. After a while, I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnilIsıkalp, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Windows 10/11 mobile hotspot - obtaining IP error - how to migrate all network settings

Hello,I used to enable the mobile hotspot feature and share my wifi connection via my desktop pc to my other mobile devices. After a while, I tried again but my mobile devices couldn't connect hotspot connection and got stuck at `obtaining IP` phase. I am using my TP link dongle to do that. I am also using a Surface pro 4 and when I try to enable the mobile hotspot feature with TP link dongle after disabling Surface`s wifi adapters I experienced the same problem, mobile hotspot turns on but my mobile devices cannot connect and get stuck at obtaining IP address step. I am using the same Windo

:)

AnilIsıkalp, Oct 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 hotspot not getting IP address to my phone

Hi,

It's odd for the Windows 10 hotspot not to get the IP address of your mobile device. You may need to modify the setting of the Ethernet connection in the Network and Sharing Center to fix the issue. That said, we suggest that you follow the steps on the
    post that was provided by Adityakpranav on January 11, 2017 through this
    link.

Let us know if this information helps to fix the issue.

Carlos Tin, Oct 25, 2021
  3. lorraine walsh, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Windows 10/11 mobile hotspot - obtaining IP error - how to migrate all network settings

Mobile hotspot on Dell Inspiron 15 will no longer obtain IP address

The mobile hotspot on my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop WAS working fine, but now it will not obtain an IP address when I try to connect my phone, smart TV, etc., to it. My devices can see the network, and they try to connect, but I end up getting an error message
    that it 'failed to obtain IP address.'

PamelaHaines, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10/11 mobile hotspot - obtaining IP error - how to migrate all network settings

1. Windows 10/11 mobile hotspot - obtaining IP error - how to migrate all network settings - Similar Threads - mobile hotspot obtaining

2. How to Set Up a IP ex 192.168.168.2 Mobile Hotspot in Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Set Up a IP ex 192.168.168.2 Mobile Hotspot in Windows 11 ?: Configure the display device's IP address and network ID. Use static IP addresses DHCP offIP address: 192.168.168.2Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0Gateway address: 192.168.168.1DNS address: 192.168.168.1Thank you...
  3. How to Set Up a IP ex 192.168.168.2 Mobile Hotspot in Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Set Up a IP ex 192.168.168.2 Mobile Hotspot in Windows 11 ?: Configure the display device's IP address and network ID. Use static IP addresses DHCP offIP address: 192.168.168.2Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0Gateway address: 192.168.168.1DNS address: 192.168.168.1Thank you...
  4. How to Set Up a IP ex 192.168.168.2 Mobile Hotspot in Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10/11 mobile hotspot - obtaining IP error - how to migrate all network settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 mobile hotspot - obtaining IP error - how to migrate all network settings: Hello,I used to enable the mobile hotspot feature and share my wifi connection via my desktop pc to my other mobile devices. After a while, I tried again but my mobile devices couldn't connect hotspot connection and got stuck at `obtaining IP` phase. I am using my TP link...
  6. Windows 10/11 mobile hotspot - obtaining IP error - how to migrate all network settings

Windows 10/11 mobile hotspot - obtaining IP error - how to migrate all network settings: Hello,I used to enable the mobile hotspot feature and share my wifi connection via my desktop pc to my other mobile devices. After a while, I tried again but my mobile devices couldn't connect hotspot connection and got stuck at `obtaining IP` phase. I am using my TP link...
  7. Windows 10 hotspot stuck at obtaining IP address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hotspot stuck at obtaining IP address: I have windows 10 build 1909 and my wifi card is the intel wireless-ac 9260 and have the latest drivers installed and have my PC connected with a LAN cable. When I setup the hotspot connection and try to connect to it from my mobile phone, the phone gets stuck at obtaining IP...
  8. Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address

Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address: I've been using the mobile hotspot on windows 10 to provide internet for my phone for a year already and it was working flawlessly until June 2019 (somewhere around that time) which my mobile devices couldn't connect to it anymore. I've tried using 2 mobile phones in which...
  9. Mobile hotspot on Dell Inspiron 15 will no longer obtain IP address

Mobile hotspot on Dell Inspiron 15 will no longer obtain IP address: The mobile hotspot on my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop WAS working fine, but now it will not obtain an IP address when I try to connect my phone, smart TV, etc., to it. My devices can see the network, and they try to connect, but I end up getting an error message that it 'failed to...
  10. Windows 10 Hotspot - Stuck at obtaining IP Address

Windows 10 Hotspot - Stuck at obtaining IP Address: I'm trying to use my computer as a hot spot for my Xbox and cell phones. Read this entirely because I swear if someone links me to a Microsoft Support article about hot spots I will want to throw my p.c through the wall. First, I tried to enable the hotspot using the mobile...