Windows 10: Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings

Discus and support Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 11 and I realise that everytime my laptop is in sleep mode at night and eventually goes into hibernation, the apps that were open, ie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ismail, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Ismail Win User

Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings

I'm using Windows 11 and I realise that everytime my laptop is in sleep mode at night and eventually goes into hibernation, the apps that were open, ie Microsoft edge are minimised on return. is that normal?

:)

Ismail, Feb 8, 2022

2. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 8, 2022
  3. John Vil Win User
    hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 8, 2022
  4. Louie Del Win User

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Feb 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings - Similar Threads - sleep hibernation settings

2. Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate: I turned off all the wake timers I'm able to and for whatever reason my PC still wakes itself sometimes just for a moment before going back to sleep, and other times back on completely. I don't know what to do. I just want it to stay asleep when I ask it too....
  3. Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate: I turned off all the wake timers I'm able to and for whatever reason my PC still wakes itself sometimes just for a moment before going back to sleep, and other times back on completely. I don't know what to do. I just want it to stay asleep when I ask it too....
  4. Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications

Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications: Windows 11 build 22000.739 seems to put applications to sleep/hibernate. Whenever this happens the application doesn't update when it's in the background not minimized, but behind other windows until I put it back to foreground, or I put the mouse cursor over it not clicking...
  6. Windows 10 sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep or hibernation: I'm having a very unusual problem when Windows 10 wakes out of a sleep or hibernation on it's own due probably to an application. On the display I get a few exception and system errors on various apps trying to open like System Mechanic and Malwarebytes, etc. After responding...
  7. Windows 10 sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 sleep or hibernation: I'm having a very unusual problem when Windows 10 wakes out of a sleep or hibernation on it's own due probably to an application. On the display I get a few exception and system errors on various apps trying to open like System Mechanic and Malwarebytes, etc. After responding...
  8. Windows 10 sleep or hibernation

9. Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings: I'm using Windows 11 and I realise that everytime my laptop is in sleep mode at night and eventually goes into hibernation, the apps that were open, ie Microsoft edge are minimised on return. is that normal?...
  10. Set hibernation as "default" sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Set hibernation as "default" sleep: Hello, Is there a way to configure windows so every time a sleep is triggered indirectly (i.e. by a 3rd-party SW) than windows will automaticaly hibernate instead of entering a "regular" sleep ? 85437