Windows 10: WIndows 10 1607 - Cannot click Update Date or Check for Updates?

Discus and support WIndows 10 1607 - Cannot click Update Date or Check for Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, We have 5 workstations running Windows 10 ENT 1607 - all are installed via MDT and are managed to a small degree by a handful of basic GP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SonicMojo, Jun 18, 2017.

1. SonicMojo Win User

WIndows 10 1607 - Cannot click Update Date or Check for Updates?

Hello,

We have 5 workstations running Windows 10 ENT 1607 - all are installed via MDT and are managed to a small degree by a handful of basic GP settings. I also have WSUS running here at home - allowing me to manage the update process with ease.

All 5 stations are accessing WSUS using settings created and placed in the registry using the freeware WSUSClientManager tool out there on the internet. This tool has been flawless in creating the correct settings and allowing all machine to hit WSUS without fail.

However - for the June 2017 patch window - I discovered one of our machines was suddenly not able to update correctly. In the screen below - the station is seeing WSUS and is getting the correct three updates it needs. But notice that the Install Now button cannot be pressed.

WIndows 10 1607 - Cannot click Update Date or Check for Updates? [​IMG]

I first thought it maybe a corrupt WU layout or possible some GP settings gone bad. So I stripped the GP back to default and forced a gpupdate /force command. Then I deleted all WU settings placed by the WSUSClientManager tool and restarted. Still locked out. So I then ran the latest WUTroubleshooter to essentially reset WU back to scratch. Rebooted. Went into the WU Dialog and see something slightly different:

WIndows 10 1607 - Cannot click Update Date or Check for Updates? [​IMG]

But the bloody "Some settings are managed..." message is still displayed. Making it impossible to even click on Check For Updates

NOTE: I have tried every article I can find that suggests the this "Some settings are managed" message hanging around is some old bug due to some weird telemetry GP setting - have turned all suggested settings on and off to no avail.

What the heck is going on here? I rarely get really stumped but this is driving me crazy. Now I cannot even get the machine to check for updates or anything.

Appreciate any ideas on where to go next.

Cheers,

VP

:)

SonicMojo, Jun 18, 2017
  2. CW00 Win User

window off screen

After following the links and options, the "stand alone updater" did not accept the latest build of Windows 10.; also "check for updates" in "settings" said I am up to date although my version of Windows 10 is 1607, I cannot update to version 1709. Please
    advise.

3. Windows 10 Updates failing - stuck at 1511 - Error 0x8024201c

Windows 10 Pro 1511

Core i5 64-bit

8GB RAM

216 GB hard drive space free

PC has been working fine, so I had not checked, but just found that the automatic feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 has been failing frequently for months.

When troubleshooting, clicking on Check for Updates, always says it's up to date.

But if I check Defer Updates, then click Check for Updates, then it will start the:

"Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607"

Unfortunately, that has failed several times with errors:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x8024201c

or

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x80240017

I have run the Windows Update Repair Tool for Windows 10; it fixed some errors, but the update still fails.

I have run the Troubleshooter from the Control Panel; it fixed an error, but the update still fails.

I'm out of time for today so I will leave the Defer Upgrades unchecked and leave the PC on overnight to see what happens.

Got Ideas?

Thanks,

TimC

JustAnotherComputerGeek, Jun 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jun 18, 2017
Thema:

1. WIndows 10 1607 - Cannot click Update Date or Check for Updates? - Similar Threads - 1607 Cannot click

2. i cannot check for updates in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cannot check for updates in windows 10: it keeps showing this previously it showed TRY AGAIN LATER then i turned on the UPDATE ORCHESTRATOR SERVICE in services. msc ,after then it keeps showing the problem as in image...
  3. Cannot check windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot check windows update.: I cannot check Windows updates in my system. could you please provide the solution? The Picture is attached. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-check-windows-update/1ba4353e-3d8f-49fa-b41a-35e0795b3852
  4. Cannot check windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot check windows update.: I cannot check Windows updates in my system. could you please provide the solution? The Picture is attached. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-check-windows-update/1ba4353e-3d8f-49fa-b41a-35e0795b3852
  5. cannot check for or install windows 10 updates

cannot check for or install windows 10 updates: I cannot check for or install any Windows updates. This has been going on for at least a month, although I cannot even see any updates that dhad been installed in the past. <Changed to a question>...
  6. Windows 1607 not updating

Windows 1607 not updating: I have had a long lasting issue with being unable to update my windows after patch 1607, I have read the forums and tried to do it myself, as well as working with a remote Microsoft employee but my issue is still not resolved. I can no longer handle the gpu requirements to...
  7. Windows 10 cannot check for updates

Windows 10 cannot check for updates: I check for updates weekly on my Windows 10 HP laptop. However, for the past 2 weeks it has been getting "stuck" on "Checking for Updates" and will not do anything. Upon doing research, I tried troubleshooting and even that is getting stuck! It stops on "Checking for pending...
  8. 1607 - cannot update. win10 x64

1607 - cannot update. win10 x64: Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this? I don't want to rebuild my system - I just want to keep it up to date! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/1607-cannot-update-win10-x64/39c6fc2c-48de-4531-83d2-e21a356e5273
  9. Windows Update has stopped checking for updates in Windows 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update has stopped checking for updates in Windows 1607: In the last month or so Windows Update has stopped checking for updates automatically in Windows 1607. I have Windows Update set to notify and usually I would get a daily notification You need some updates. Usually there is a Windows Defender definition update waiting to be...
  10. Update to windows 1607

Update to windows 1607: I have a friend in Pougkeepsie, NY who has not gotten the update yet. His system is still at 1511 and he has a digital entitlement license. Over the phone I showed him how to run update through settings and it reports that system is up to date. How in the world do I tell him...