Windows 10: Windows 10 1703 PRO Cortana/Search is not working

Discus and support Windows 10 1703 PRO Cortana/Search is not working in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi Experts, i am installing windows 10 1703 Professional in my PC, post installation if i user search option it is always blank, this is not a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by balajisivapragasam, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1703 PRO Cortana/Search is not working

Hi Experts,

i am installing windows 10 1703 Professional in my PC, post installation if i user search option it is always blank, this is not a domain joined PC. I have tried multiple steps like,

Restart Cortana / Search process

Restore indexing services

Modify Windows Search service

Run the built-in troubleshooter

but the issue still persist, kindly suggest on how we can fix this issue. all the updates were installed up to date

Thanks

Balaji S

:)

balajisivapragasam, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Cortana Voice Commands for Music Not Working

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand that voice commands for Cortana are not working. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1703 PRO Cortana/Search is not working

Search and Cortana not working in Windows 10

Hello James,

Please provide us more information to help you further:

• Did you try turn off cortana and check?
    • Please provide us the screen shot of the issue for better assistance on this issue.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.
    • Run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2:

You may try to switching off Cortana and make it ON. Check for the issue. Refer the below article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...f3-afa3-187f9ce290e8/switch-cortana-on-or-off

Also refer:

Search for anything, anywhere

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17190/windows-10-search-for-anything

Hope this information is helpful. Reply with the necessary information to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1703 PRO Cortana/Search is not working

1. Windows 10 1703 PRO Cortana/Search is not working - Similar Threads - 1703 PRO Cortana

2. Search and Cortana not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search and Cortana not working?: This has been an issue for me for a while but I usually ignore it because I can't seem to fix it, but here I am. Neither search or Cortana seem to even launch, clicking on the search icon on my taskbar does nothing, but I do notice Cortana's process pop up in task manager...
  3. Windows Search & Cortana not working in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search & Cortana not working in Windows 10.: From one day to another, windows search (also the search in the explorer) and cortana stop working. I tried these 5 solutiones but none work:...
  4. Cortana and search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana and search not working: After installing the latest update of windows with the latest apps, my C drive's storage space drastically decreased (assuming because of the windows old folder being created), along with the start button having a slow response and the cortana & search unable to function. I...
  5. Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working: After the Windows 10 update on March 12, 2019 last Tuesday, I noticed that the Cortana search is not working anymore. When I type some input letters on the Cortana search bar, Cortana only takes in and displays the first two letters I typed on the search bar every time. Then,...
  6. Cortana / Windows search is not working

in Cortana
    Cortana / Windows search is not working: I can not even type anything in the search box. I have tried every imaginable fix. I am thinking the only way to fix this might be a factory restore. I am at my wit's end. Any help would be sincerely appreciated....
  7. Cortana and search not working window 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and search not working window 10..: I am facing problems, and some of the inbuilt functions are also not functioning as expected. The Start Menu, Cortana and the Taskbar Search functions in Windows 10 operating system have been one of the most useful features that let me search any file without leaving the...
  8. Windows 10 1703 - Windows Search Working All Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1703 - Windows Search Working All Time: Guys i upgraded Windows 10 1607 to 1703 a few days ago, i guess 3 days. Everything at update process works fine but since i upgraded Windows Search İndexing keeps working and getting my %30 cpu... It never ends... I use ssd it shouldnt take so long.. even with 5400 rpm it...
  9. Windows 10 Search (Cortana) Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search (Cortana) Not Working: Hi all So this is a well known issue with a magnitude of other users reporting it. I myself have experienced this on around 90% of all Windows 10 PC's I've worked on and configured/built so the problem is very prevalent and I'm at a loss to explain why this hasn't been...
  10. Cortana and Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search not working: Hey! Im new to this website so sorry if I do anything wrong, so my problem is, when i try to click cortana nothing opens and when i try to search nothing happens as well. I'm just clicking keys and it doesn't search. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks 63973

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps wont launch when searching in windows 10 1703 with cortana