Windows 10: Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

Discus and support Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems... in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; For the power user menu you can change powershell to command prompt. Once that is done you can quickly launch command prompt. Open control panel >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by taid, Jan 14, 2018.

1. zbook New Member

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

For the power user menu you can change powershell to command prompt.
    Once that is done you can quickly launch command prompt.

Open control panel > appearance and personalization > taskbar and navigation > under taskbar > turn on "replace command prompt with Windows powershell in the menu when I right click the start button or press Windows key + X

zbook, Jan 23, 2018
  2. taid Win User

dalchina - bcedit via Windows PowerShell(Admin)

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems... [​IMG]

3. dalchina New Member
    That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 24, 2018
  4. taid Win User

dalchina - all is now well...

After reading some stuff on the 'net some time back I got the impression that the Windows PowerShell(Admin) was the same as an elevated command prompt - it obviously doesn't work that way...

Typing command prompt in the search box and subsequently right clicking to select run as administrator brings up the elevated command prompt of course, from where I can run the appropriate commands as they appear in the Tutorials. I now have the computer effectively dual booting - Windows 10 or Safe Mode, which is good.

Thanks again for your patience, I appreciate it!

John

5. dalchina New Member
    Great. Many things you can do at a Powershell prompt just like a command prompt. But of course much more too.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems... - Similar Threads - 1709 System Restore

2. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  3. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  4. Problems in Windows 10 with Update and System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems in Windows 10 with Update and System Restore: Windows 10 update fails, System Restore does not work, Error Code 0x81000203, Bitlocker files are missing, and I removed my personal Microsoft account from my device, and now my files are missing - only used an external drive for File History until 02 January 2022 - now I've...
  5. Problems in Windows 10 with Update and System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems in Windows 10 with Update and System Restore: Windows 10 update fails, System Restore does not work, Error Code 0x81000203, Bitlocker files are missing, and I removed my personal Microsoft account from my device, and now my files are missing - only used an external drive for File History until 02 January 2022 - now I've...
  6. Problems in Windows 10 with Update and System Restore

7. System restore problem

System restore problem: Whenever I do a system restore on my PC it always gets a blue screen error and I can't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-problem/44f71fa6-de4b-47cf-b106-d3e03a974b3f
  8. Problems with my restore system Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with my restore system Windows 10.: Hello Everybody! I am AlmogaversSerra, from Barcelona. I would like to ask for help because I had a problem of malware in my PC and I made the "Restore System process" to an earlier date in my Windows 10 system. It was 24th of march and I wanted to do the restore in...
  9. Windows 10 system image restore problem

Windows 10 system image restore problem: I have a system image on a 2TB externat drive. I need to restore it to my computer. The system sees the drive and in the command prompt can access the system image folder but the "system image restore" in the Troubleshooter on either a USB drive or the "system repair disk" or...
  10. Windows 10 problem with system restore

Windows 10 problem with system restore: I have a HP Notebook with Windows 10 I have tried 4 times to do a System Restore and all of them have failed, because it says that I have an anti virus program running. I disabled all anti virus before doing my System Restore. Can someone help explain how to get pass this...