Windows 10: Windows 10 - 1803 & 1903 missing "make start menu, taskbar, and action center transparent.."

Discus and support Windows 10 - 1803 & 1903 missing "make start menu, taskbar, and action center transparent.." in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay this is super annoying.. I've searched every single post and gotten literally no where... First tried the registry tweaks yet they already existed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by exodus1337, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - 1803 & 1903 missing "make start menu, taskbar, and action center transparent.."

Okay this is super annoying.. I've searched every single post and gotten literally no where... First tried the registry tweaks yet they already existed on both machines, aka;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced DWORD32 UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency = 1

&

HKEY_CURRENT _USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize DWORD32 EnableTransparency = 1

None of this works... Enable transparency is checked within personalize options, however it appears that some people have an option in windows for a check box that's located in personalize settings towards the bottom called "make start menu, taskbar, and action center transparent.."

Both my laptop and my desktop are missing this option, both were on 1803 now both are on 1903... See picture below, even when I search for the setting, Windows actually recognizes it AND brings me to the damn color page where the setting normally lives... Whats even crazier is on the laptop at least, when I unplug it from the wall, it switches into power saving mode automatically and makes the damn task bar completely transparent. Like ****... I thought I was going crazy so I ran a SFC scannow on both machines, no issues then ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth again with no issues...

The more I dug into this the more I found people online having the same issue being redirected to 3rd part software to make the **** start menu transparent.. Like WUT... We're 2019 Windows doesn't need 3rd part software to do something its been able to do for a decade+... I also read a post saying this setting has been moved to another location.. Yet I cannot find it nor does windows bring you to that place when you search and click the search result it finds.. It always brings you to Color within personalize... Can someone tell me whats going on? All the registry tweaks online already were in place and dont do anything changing them yet switching into power saving changes the transparency on the laptop... Where is Window pulling this setting from??? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Windows 10 - 1803 & 1903 missing "make start menu, taskbar, and action center transparent.." 58a651365a9bade611f286da61bf461c.png

:)

exodus1337, Jun 7, 2019
  2. gogopogo Win User

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed

I'm a tad confused. :/

I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional).

But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is listed and On; however this doesn't result in to the same
    Transparency of the Start, taskbar and action center screens.

Why are the Settings options different or configured and listed differently on PCs running with same version of Windows?

How many variations are there?

Where is the definitive help (when "Find a setting" shows options that are not available in reality).

Thanks

gogopogo, Jun 7, 2019
  3. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

I also have this problem.
    Upgraded to 1903 2 computers, and the "Start, taskbar, and action center" is not grayed out.
    Clean installed 1903 on another PC and there it IS greyed out!
    Tried suggestions above without success.

lafargeotte, Jun 7, 2019
  4. CTY111 Win User

Windows 10 - 1803 & 1903 missing "make start menu, taskbar, and action center transparent.."

Taskbar, titlebar, and start menu design feedback

After upgrading from Windows 8.1, I have enjoyed Windows 10 version 1511. One of the things I would like to suggest for improvement is the title bar, start menu, and task bar. All of these should have the same transparency, and color.

I dislike the inconsistency of the look of these three items.

For example, when transparency in the taskbar, start menu, and action center is enabled, the start menu and action center has a blur, but the task bar is transparent and the title bar does not have any transparency. They should all be transparent or all be
    blurred. And Microsoft Edge doesn't even have the option to have a colored title bar.

Otherwise, I am enjoying Windows 10 and I am very grateful for the free upgrade.

CTY111, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - 1803 & 1903 missing "make start menu, taskbar, and action center transparent.."

1. Windows 10 - 1803 & 1903 missing "make start menu, taskbar, and action center transparent.." - Similar Threads - 1803 1903 missing

2. Taskbar & Start Menu not Transparent

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar & Start Menu not Transparent: Hi Windows 10 Last night all was well with my computer but for the last few days I have had an update waiting to be done as I figured it would be a big one and it was took several hours to restart and upgrade. This is an older system so it could be an older update that was...
  3. Start Menu, Action center and Window Border Transparency In Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu, Action center and Window Border Transparency In Windows 10.: I want to make my windows 10 taskbar, start menu, action center and window borders transparent in windows 10. I achieved taskbar transparency through tweaking registry.But I dont know how to make start menu, action center and window borders transparent. Could anyone help me...
  4. Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be: Even after turning on "Transparency effects", the Start menu, taskbar and Action Center are not as transparent as they should be like the other ones on the internet. Even the Colors tab preview under Personalisation shows a more transparent start menu. There is a difference...
  5. Acrylic transparency effects are gone on the Action Center, Taskbar, Start menu, and apps....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acrylic transparency effects are gone on the Action Center, Taskbar, Start menu, and apps....: Hey guys! I know this is a small issue, but the acrylic transparency effects are gone. From the start menu to Microsoft Store apps. It kinda bothers me since I expect the update (May 2020 feature update version 2004) to fix the Action Center animation bug that my PC had. The...
  6. Loss of color on Start, Taskbar and Action Center in Windows 10, Version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of color on Start, Taskbar and Action Center in Windows 10, Version 1903: When I go to Settings/Personalization/Colors the box for Start, taskbar and action center is grayed out. Start, taskbar and action center are light gray...
  7. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  8. Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...: I'm a tad confused. :/ I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional). But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is...
  9. Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?

Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?: Not a major issue, but kind of annoying me as it appears slightly transparent, but not enough. I use a solid black background, and it appears grey. Anyway to make it more transparent? I can't find any setting to adjust it. 109056
  10. Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?

Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?: Not here Mike......did the reg file, rebooted the system and no luck.......maybe there is something in my settings that is stopping it.....Oh well, not sure I really wanted it clear, just thought I would try to confirm your findings.. It's not completely clear, still has a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Make Start Taskbar and Action Center transparent

2. start taskbar and action center ghosted windows 10

3. fade make taskbar solid again

4. how to make win 10 action center transparent,
  5. windows 10 transparent action center,
  6. taskbar issues 1903,
  7. make task bar transparent window 1903,
  8. windows 1903 action center transparency bug,
  9. windows 1903 transparent taskbar,
  10. transparency win 10 1903