Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 Auto login via regedit only works after 2nd reboot on dell/surface tablet...

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 Auto login via regedit only works after 2nd reboot on dell/surface tablet... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi All, I work in support operations as well as automation engineering for an internally developed application for a large international CC company.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by tbpooley, Mar 4, 2020.

1. tbpooley Win User

Windows 10 1803 Auto login via regedit only works after 2nd reboot on dell/surface tablet...

Hi All,

I work in support operations as well as automation engineering for an internally developed application for a large international CC company. We have used autologon.exe by Sysninternals in the past but found issues when needing to reset passwords for service accounts as we have hundreds and the command line options for autologon.exe shared the same issue. I have created the same process as sysinternals via powershell script to set the required values in regedit in order to allow AutoLogin. Now, i can get this to work. However, it only works after the second reboot after manually typing in the password the first time round. We are using an agent to capture the credentials from an application designed to provide credentials in this manner, and which integrates with ADS and offers automated password management. my script queries this agent, captures the password, and stores in the registry for use in next reboot. This work on some devices first time, no issues. However, certain ones display this 'sticky reg keys' where it will not reboot the first time after the script is ran even if i query the reg value for the password and confirm it is storing the updated password.

We have found programs which conflicted before but those should be gone now OKTA was one. GPO are not setting this values either - my script is the chosen route to accomplish this as we can set this up when kiosk is initially imaged and configured. Then it remains on its own and drives off its own power thanks to the script which launches every 5 minutes to ensure the password is always up to date. the script is ran by the local security service account so it runs despite a user logging in as well, using highest permissions. The kiosk tablets in questions are Dell 5290s which display this issue primarily, but not completely consistently.

What am i missing here? i have been working on this for months, and while my automation pipeline is perfect, the kiosk refusing to accept it on the initial script running when the password updates completely disregards any good my automation might provide. Please please help me figure this out i feel like im taking crazy pills and going insane. Thanks in advance and if i forgot to provide any details, please reach out!

:)

tbpooley, Mar 4, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

Screen auto-rotation on Windows 10 tablet?

Ok, as it turns out it was partially my fault. After following @zo0lykas link, I was pushed into right direction and found out Microsoft Sensors Troubleshooter which said sensors were disabled by group policy. Which reminded me, only thing I did run on the tablet because it's Windows 10 is O&O Shutup 10.

There is a setting called "Sensors for locating the system and its orientation disabled" I've reset this setting to system default and restarted the tablet. Auto rotation is again working. So, you can still use O&O Shutup 10, you just have to pay attention to this setting on Windows tablets if you want to keep auto rotation functionality.

Thx everyone for help.

RejZoR, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Screen auto-rotation on Windows 10 tablet?

I have a windows surface 3 and all windows tablets the auto rotation is set to off. You have to enable auto rotation.

Press the
    Windows 10 1803 Auto login via regedit only works after 2nd reboot on dell/surface tablet... [​IMG]
    + O (letter) keys to toggle to lock or unlock autorotation. Check here

Mindweaver, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 1803 Auto login via regedit only works after 2nd reboot on dell/surface tablet...

Windows 10 - 2nd monitor not detected after update

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 and Office 365. Just completed the latest update (1803) and now it will not detect the 2nd monitor. I have tried rebooting, running the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices - nothing. I have tried connecting
    the 2nd monitor direct to the tablet as well as thru the docking station. Worked fine before the update

JIMChihara, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 Auto login via regedit only works after 2nd reboot on dell/surface tablet...

1. Windows 10 1803 Auto login via regedit only works after 2nd reboot on dell/surface tablet... - Similar Threads - 1803 Auto login

2. Auto Hide Taskbar is not working after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Hide Taskbar is not working after reboot.: So ive seen a couple post on this but the windows reps either dont read the question all the way through or they just dont know what theyre talking about, but every time i restart my pc, the auto hide taskbar option is off. I want it to stay turned on because the windows do...
  3. Auto Hide Taskbar is not working after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Hide Taskbar is not working after reboot.: So ive seen a couple post on this but the windows reps either dont read the question all the way through or they just dont know what theyre talking about, but every time i restart my pc, the auto hide taskbar option is off. I want it to stay turned on because the windows do...
  4. Surface Tablet Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Tablet Not Working: My surface Tablet updated and doesn’t want to work now. I’m able to turn it on and see the windows logo and it’ll load for a few minutes then just goes to a grey screen, you can tell it’s turned on but doesn’t show anything. This has happened before but after a few hours or a...
  5. Surface Tablet Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Tablet Not Working: My surface Tablet updated and doesn’t want to work now. I’m able to turn it on and see the windows logo and it’ll load for a few minutes then just goes to a grey screen, you can tell it’s turned on but doesn’t show anything. This has happened before but after a few hours or a...
  6. Surface tablet 2 stuck in a reboot loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface tablet 2 stuck in a reboot loop.: The Surface tablet 2 I got today will not boot and is stuck in a reboot loop. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-tablet-2-stuck-in-a-reboot-loop/e9f67ae7-e587-4fc9-be08-31ad60ba474e
  7. Internet Connection Sharing ICS doesn't work in Windows after reboot only works via...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Sharing ICS doesn't work in Windows after reboot only works via...: Came across this thread from 2017 referring to ICS not working in Windows 10 build 1607, and yet it is 2021 and I am still experiencing this issue on Windows 10 20H2. I am sure I am not the only one. That thread is locked so I am making a new thread. be advised I am not...
  8. Linx 1020 Windows 10 tablet not working after 1803 update

Linx 1020 Windows 10 tablet not working after 1803 update: Hi, I have a Linx 1020 tablet. After installing the 1803 update and restarting I just get a black desktop with the recycle bin visible and nothing else. Absolutely nothing works, i. e. I can't open the start menu, windows explorer, control panel, connect to WiFi etc. This...
  9. Windows 10 (1803) Rebooting after Bugcheck

Windows 10 (1803) Rebooting after Bugcheck: Hi, I am using a Lenovo T460s laptop with recently upgraded Windows 10 (1709) by Windows 10 (1803), after the up-gradation my laptop go to improper shutdown some time when i close the lid and leave for some time. I checked the Event Logs and found the under mentioned msg:...
  10. Auto login, windows 10 tablet, anniversary update freeze bug.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto login, windows 10 tablet, anniversary update freeze bug.: So I have a windows 10 tablet, think it's eufi(?) Bios. I unfortunately set it to Auto login through netplwiz. Did the anniversary update and getting the freezing problem as soon as I press anything. I seem to be able to change the wifi, not sure what else I gave up a while...