Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 HDR problem

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 HDR problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi guys I recently upgraded to 1803 and I'm having issues with the colour and bit depth when I turn on HDR. I have a LG b7 10 bit TV and a Geforce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Baggi0, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Baggi0 Win User

Windows 10 1803 HDR problem

Hi guys I recently upgraded to 1803 and I'm having issues with the colour and bit depth when I turn on HDR.

I have a LG b7 10 bit TV and a Geforce 1070 and when I used to turn on HDR or play an HDR game (before the update) Windows correctly set the display to YCbCr 422 10 bit.

Now after the update when HDR is enabled it switches to RBG and 8 bit with dithering in settings>system>display>advanced display settings which is wrong.

Is there any way I can change this somewhere in Windows so it correctly sets it as YCbCr 10 bit?

I know I can set it manually in the Nvidia control panel but that has to be on "use default colour settings" so it switches back to RBG full automatically for non-HDR games.

:)

Baggi0, Jul 11, 2018
  2. R-T-B Win User

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

That was suggested in post number 3 I thought?

R-T-B, Jul 11, 2018
  3. HDR Washed out on Windows 10

I believe I've finally found something that works for HDR on Windows 10.

When on the desktop and in games that do not have an in-game option to activate HDR, got to Nvidia Control Panel then to Change Resolution.

After that, scroll to the bottom to option 3 and select Use Nvidia color settings. It should be set 32-bit RGB 8bpc Limited by default. Simply change the Output dynamic range from Limited to Full.

I definitely noticed a color change after doing this despite the TV not saying HDR in Info section.

Only do this for desktop or games that do not have an ingame option to activate HDR. If you do, it will look overly bright.

Also, make sure you have HDR on on your TV. In my case it was in Settings - General - External Device Manager - HDMI UHD Color then just select whichever input you have the PC plugged into.

My TV model is a Samsung UN40MU6300 and am now running on the latest Windows 10 build (1803), hope this helps someone!

BlackAzrael, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1803 HDR problem

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

@lynx29 The only games that actually work in HDR are ones that have an in-game toggle option. Other ones like Final Fantasy doesn't work (least it doesn't say it's in HDR on the TV).

@IceScreamer Tried this already, no dice unfortunately.

I had hoped it would be fixed with the 1803 update but still nothing.

BlackAzrael, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 HDR problem

1. Windows 10 1803 HDR problem - Similar Threads - 1803 HDR problem

2. HDR problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR problems: So I recently upgraded GPU to a 3090 FE and plugged a second monitor into HDMI and now I frequently get an HDR disconnect and reconnect. I will hear the windows chime every time this happens and get black screen for a second before everything returns and I see the HDR logo in...
  3. HDR problem

HDR problem: I want to enable HDR in games but I can't do it without enabling it in windows settings. But when I enable it in windows settings, colors of the screen when not gaming are really terrible. It is fine in games and HDR works good but whenever I am not gaming windows is just...
  4. Windows HDR problems

Windows HDR problems: I have an hdr monitor and activated HDR in settings. While it looks great when I watch youtube and Netflix, it causes multiple problems Screenshots are washed out Screen recording looks like crap (Sometimes too saturated) It switches on and off when playing games...
  5. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.: Basically, When I go into full screen on a non-HDR game, HDR mode gets disabled and all the colors are washed out. However If I go into window mode, then HDR mode is enabled and the SDR game runs in HDR. HDR does not work in full screen games. Someone please help me to fix...
  6. Windows 10 1803 updating problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 updating problem: Hi to all, when i want to try update my windows 10 build 14393 to 1803 i encounter with a problem. update downloaded successfuly but after that windows stuck on the preparing to installation at 0% and do not do any thing!! can any one give an advice to me to solve the...
  7. windows 10 version 1803 problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 version 1803 problem: Hello, i upgrade my windows to windows 10 version 1803 and after that update i upgrade my intel network driver to version 23.2 and when i want to create vlan this problem appear !!!! [ATTACH] any help,please??!...
  8. mouse problem in windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse problem in windows 10 1803: after i update to windows 10 1803 my mouse start shutting down and restarting for no reason rendomly when working this problem happen after the update and am using a gaming mouse but when using a normal mouse it work fine and when using the gaming mouse in another pc its...
  9. Windows 10 version 1803 problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1803 problem: Hello! Yesterday I got this new update called 1803, but sadly it ruined Everything. I'm a gamer and this new version made chaos with my games and it starts lagging and the grafics are just horrible and I want to return to my old version 1709 I Think was the latest. But I...
  10. Windows 10 1803 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 1803 problems: Whats up Microsoft,My Problem is Windows 10 April update 1803 is,a minmized cs 1.6 but fps is slow 30fps and stack 2 secund. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/windows-10-1803-problems/961008df-5faa-4b9e-9c73-5cb78516fe5b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hdr issues

2. windows 10 lg hdr tv not 10 bit

3. windows 10 hdr 8 bit dithering

4. windows 1803 hdr,
  5. hdr windows 10 1803,
  6. windows hdr problem,
  7. windows 1803 hdr issues,
  8. display requirements for hdr video in windows 10 1803 build,
  9. windows 10 8 bit with dithering,
  10. win 10 1803 HDR cant work,
  11. hdr settings in windows 10 1803,