Windows 10 1803 HDR problem

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 HDR problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi guys I recently upgraded to 1803 and I'm having issues with the colour and bit depth when I turn on HDR. I have a LG b7 10 bit TV and a Geforce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Baggi0, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Baggi0 Win User

Hi guys I recently upgraded to 1803 and I'm having issues with the colour and bit depth when I turn on HDR.

I have a LG b7 10 bit TV and a Geforce 1070 and when I used to turn on HDR or play an HDR game (before the update) Windows correctly set the display to YCbCr 422 10 bit.

Now after the update when HDR is enabled it switches to RBG and 8 bit with dithering in settings>system>display>advanced display settings which is wrong.

Is there any way I can change this somewhere in Windows so it correctly sets it as YCbCr 10 bit?

I know I can set it manually in the Nvidia control panel but that has to be on "use default colour settings" so it switches back to RBG full automatically for non-HDR games.

:)

Baggi0, Jul 11, 2018
  2. R-T-B Win User

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

That was suggested in post number 3 I thought?

R-T-B, Jul 11, 2018
  3. BlackAzrael Win User

I believe I've finally found something that works for HDR on Windows 10.

When on the desktop and in games that do not have an in-game option to activate HDR, got to Nvidia Control Panel then to Change Resolution.

After that, scroll to the bottom to option 3 and select Use Nvidia color settings. It should be set 32-bit RGB 8bpc Limited by default. Simply change the Output dynamic range from Limited to Full.

I definitely noticed a color change after doing this despite the TV not saying HDR in Info section.

Only do this for desktop or games that do not have an ingame option to activate HDR. If you do, it will look overly bright.

Also, make sure you have HDR on on your TV. In my case it was in Settings - General - External Device Manager - HDMI UHD Color then just select whichever input you have the PC plugged into.

My TV model is a Samsung UN40MU6300 and am now running on the latest Windows 10 build (1803), hope this helps someone!

BlackAzrael, Jul 11, 2018
  4. BlackAzrael Win User

@lynx29 The only games that actually work in HDR are ones that have an in-game toggle option. Other ones like Final Fantasy doesn't work (least it doesn't say it's in HDR on the TV).

@IceScreamer Tried this already, no dice unfortunately.

I had hoped it would be fixed with the 1803 update but still nothing.

BlackAzrael, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1803 HDR problem - Similar Threads - 1803 HDR problem

2. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Win 10 - 1803 17134.167

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Win 10 - 1803 17134.167: Hello. I'm writing this question in regard to the Microsoft's builtin games. I've uninstalled all the other "bloatware" games as to call it. Though this seems to have installed itself this morning, after I installed a fresh new Windows 10 on my 860 evo yesterday. It...
  3. WIN10 1803 system backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 1803 system backup: After upgrade to WIN10 1803 Build 17134.165 my system backup is not longer available Remark: 1/ only the item "make a system repair disk" is shown 2/ message : system backup is not available in an environment for portable workstations (translated in dutch: dit onderdeel...
  4. Surface Laptop, Win 10, build 1803

Surface Laptop, Win 10, build 1803: If I do a Windows reinstall from my computer will it change any system settings or policies to original configurations? If not, how would I accomplish the task?...
  5. Bunch of problems (Internet, Search, Chrome partially not working) after windows 1803 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bunch of problems (Internet, Search, Chrome partially not working) after windows 1803 update: Hi community, I have been facing a bunch of problems after the windows 1803 update. I think wifi is the problem here which creates a chain of software failures. Main cause: Wifi gets corrupted. The wifi gets corrupted and says "Internet may not be available" but I'm...
  6. Windows 10 1803 upgrade restoring back to 1703 if there are issues

Windows 10 1803 upgrade restoring back to 1703 if there are issues: We currently have Windows 10 1703 on our computers. If we have any issues after the computers have been upgraded to version 1803, can we restore back to 1703?...
  7. 10 April 2018 Update 1803 stopcode: 0x8000ffff really want to update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10 April 2018 Update 1803 stopcode: 0x8000ffff really want to update: Hey guys, I'm back after a week. Last week I updated my pc to this update which ended up being a total nightmare. In any case now I wish to do the same thing for my windows 10 laptop. However like my pc it isn't able to update to this patch. Also got no comodo installed...
  8. Windows 10 1803, proxy.pac file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1803, proxy.pac file: Hi all, I use an automatic configuration script (.pac file) to enter 2 different websites. Yesterday I was pushed updates of Windows 10 and after that I can only get in to one of the websites. The other can not be contacted. Since IE is not supporting automatic...
  9. After 1803, batch file no longer works

After 1803, batch file no longer works: I'm having with the batch file below on computers that have Windows 10 1803. This script works fine on Windows 10 1709 and earlier as well as Windows 7. The only error I get when I run this on 1803 is Error 1603. I've tried the various fixes online with no success (sorry,...
  10. how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd...: how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu according to the internet windows 10 is suppose to feature uhd hdr in 4k.. windows has never been able to project a desktop display...