Windows 10: Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone

Discus and support Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just wondering why did Microsoft remove the home group with Version 1803 of Windows 10. I have lots of PC's still running Windows 7 in the homegroup,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrentHughWilliams, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone

Just wondering why did Microsoft remove the home group with Version 1803 of Windows 10.

I have lots of PC's still running Windows 7 in the homegroup, plus a Toshiba Networked Hard Drive (Can't Map).

:)

BrentHughWilliams, Nov 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 HomeGroup Broken

Hello,

We suggest running the homegroup troubleshooter. It automatically diagnose and repair common problems with viewing computer or shared files in homegroup. Refer to the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, and type Troubleshooting, and press the
      Enter key.
    • At the Troubleshooting window, click View all
      at the left pane.
    • Select Homegroup from the list to start the troubleshooter.

Also, we recommend checking the steps that workarounds provided by Marilyn360
    on this thread.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone

Password in Homegroup on Windows 10

Hi Clay,

Thank you for responding.

As your concern is to remove/ exit from the HomeGroup, I suggest you to try the below steps and check:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type HomeGroup
      and select it.
    • Click in the HomeGroup and click on Leave the HomeGroup.

For more information:
    HomeGroup from start to finish

Click on More options.

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status for this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone

1. Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone - Similar Threads - 1803 Homegroup gone

2. homegroup is gone, what now ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    homegroup is gone, what now ?: 5 years ago homegroups make our LAN game party very fun, but now its gone. thats mean i can't play together with my friend anymore, any idea ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-is-gone-what-now/55eeca9a-dfb9-4b65-900a-d2927d96c803"
  3. Homegroup missing.....what now??

Homegroup missing.....what now??: Hi from UK Just updated to latest 1809 ver. and noticed Homegroup missing! (Last time I used it was ayear ago...I should add) I have 2 PCs at home...and wish to read/write/transfer data between them....with full permission to do as I wish!! What are my options now...
  4. Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone

Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone: I share my printer with my wife. She has the printer on her computer, running Win 7 because Win 10 didn't work well on her computer. I am running Win 10 (would go back to 7 if I could, this thing takes forever to boot up). How do I get access to the printer on her computer?...
  5. Homegroup and Windows 10

Homegroup and Windows 10: I have Homegroup network and one windows-10 computer. Question 1) Has Microsoft announced a standard method to connect Windows-10 to Homegroup network? Is Microsoft working this issue or ignoring it? Question 2) I am using Dropbox to connect Windows-10 to computers on...
  6. Windows 10 Homegroup

Windows 10 Homegroup: How do I get to my Homegroup in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-homegroup/13269ef9-240e-4410-b5d7-937285b38ef2
  7. Cortana not fully gone in 1803

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not fully gone in 1803: Hello, Just upgraded to 1803 and found the tweaks used to remove Cortana in 1709 aren't fully working in 1803. I'm getting Cortana popups looking to get out to the internet (we use a proxy server). I get the popups when opening the Start Menu and/or the Search pane. Any...
  8. Homegroup in Win 10 after 1803 update

Homegroup in Win 10 after 1803 update: Hi, I have two computers in my WLAN (local home network via wireless). On one of the computers there's been Windows 7 (Home) installed. On the second - Windows 10 (home). I use router to connect the computer via Wi-Fi. I do not use any computer that acts as a server. I used...
  9. Windows 10 Homegroup ?

Windows 10 Homegroup ?: Have they removed this feature? My main computer is still Windows 7, and running the main homegroup. Just curious. 10139
  10. Anniversary Update ~ Homegroup Gone!

Anniversary Update ~ Homegroup Gone!: After the anniversary update my Homegroup sort of thinks it has gone. If I check the settings, it says ( on all my PC's ) that there is a homegroup to join but I am not currently in a Homegroup. But ... the Homegroup is actually still active. Files and so on are being shared....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 1809 homegroup is gone

2. my homegroup is gone