Windows 10: Windows 10 [1803] network problems

Discus and support Windows 10 [1803] network problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers at home, all running Windows 10 Home [1803] not in S mode, but cannot get them to network properly. After much research in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lindsay Graham, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10 [1803] network problems

I have 3 computers at home, all running Windows 10 Home [1803] not in S mode, but cannot get them to network properly. After much research in this Community: (1) settings in Network and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings are: Private: on & on; Guest or Public: on & on; All networks: 128-bit & off;

(2) in services.msc, I've set Startup Type to Automatic for Function Discovery Provider Host, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery and UPnP Device Host.

Network shared folders appear correctly in File Explorer on all 3 computers, but trying to access them, I nearly always get the error message "You do not have permission to access ..."

What is causing this and how do I fix it?

Lindsay Graham

Canberra, Australia

:)

Lindsay Graham, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Windows 10 1803 update issues(Solved!)

How was this solved? Maybe it could help someone else, since there are numerous various problems with 1803 (and yes, I know many others have had no problems, as well).

rtwjunkie, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 [1803] network problems

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 [1803] network problems

1. Windows 10 [1803] network problems - Similar Threads - 1803 network problems

2. No Network Profile in Windows 10 - 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Network Profile in Windows 10 - 1803: Hello, Why I don't have Network Profile? How can I change the network profile? Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-network-profile-in-windows-10-1803/000c94d9-16c2-4cc5-9c1b-1537611d5a65
  3. windows 10 1803 network view files problem

windows 10 1803 network view files problem: Have a new computer in my office and it shows on the network but will not allow access to files error "you do not have permission to access" I have all the permissions correctly set. I have checked everything 50 times so I must have missed something. HELP...
  4. Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem

Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem: Hi, I have a home network with 1 pc (win10), 1 PC (XP), new router (with attached storage) and various other non windows devices. The relevant networking connections are all via a (wired) Lan. The behaviour of the PCs is: The router can see all the devices inc both...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems

Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems: When trying to access Windows 10 Pro 1803 files on another computer, I get this message. " Windows cannot access ||DESKTOP-------. Contact Network Administrator to gain access." I have tried. I need to know how to grant access, I am the only admin in this office. What...
  6. Network access permission problem w/ Windows 10 build 1803

Network access permission problem w/ Windows 10 build 1803: Two identical computers on an ethernet network, both running Windows 10 Pro 64b build 1803. Each can see the other on the network. Computer 2 can access shared directories on computer 1, but no.1 is denied access to no.2 with the familiar "you don't have permission..."...
  7. windows 10 1803 Network issues

windows 10 1803 Network issues: windows 10 1803 Network issues... is a patch available or what is a REALLY SIMPLE and SUCCESSFUL workaround? The ones I seen so far seem to vary and look complicate without any confidence, for me at least, that they WILL REALLY work. Microsoft keep promoting W10 so when is...
  8. wondows 10 1803 network problem solved and works

wondows 10 1803 network problem solved and works: my solution works and works perfectly. forget the crap that these so called mscp's etc give out its total crap and DOES NOT WORK END OF if your an end user and want to know private message me I will not paste the solution here as MS have deleted my last thread as I know...
  9. Windows 10 1803 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 1803 problems: Whats up Microsoft,My Problem is Windows 10 April update 1803 is,a minmized cs 1.6 but fps is slow 30fps and stack 2 secund. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/windows-10-1803-problems/961008df-5faa-4b9e-9c73-5cb78516fe5b
  10. Network Problems after 1803

Network Problems after 1803: Split from this thread. Microsoft is aware of reports that devices running Windows 10 version 1803 cannot connect to other devices on their home network and is investigating the issue. You can resolve this problem by setting some services to Automatic (Delayed Start)...