Windows 10: windows 10 1803 network view files problem

Discus and support windows 10 1803 network view files problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have a new computer in my office and it shows on the network but will not allow access to files error "you do not have permission to access" I have all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richardoehler, Mar 5, 2019.

1. windows 10 1803 network view files problem

Have a new computer in my office and it shows on the network but will not allow access to files error "you do not have permission to access" I have all the permissions correctly set. I have checked everything 50 times so I must have missed something. HELP

:)

richardoehler, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

Yeah, they play perfectly fine.

Thanks, this did the trick perfectly!

I'm scratching my head then, because so far every computer I update to 1803, even fresh installs, can no longer read the details of mkv files. But at least icaros fixes the problem for now. Hopefully the bug is fixed in Windows natively eventually.

newtekie1, Mar 5, 2019
  4. windows 10 1803 network view files problem

Connected to network, but forced to view files offline. Please Help View Online when connected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Network troubleshooter from the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 1803 network view files problem

1. windows 10 1803 network view files problem - Similar Threads - 1803 network view

2. Problem in viewing PCs on the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem in viewing PCs on the network: I have two PCs connected to the same wifi router, one with windows 10 1909 and a windows 7 sp1. From the windows 10 pc I see the windows 7 pc in the explorer. But from the pc with windows 7 I can't see the pc with windows 10. in windows 10: [img] in windows 7 (from remote...
  3. Windows 10 [1803] network problems

Windows 10 [1803] network problems: I have 3 computers at home, all running Windows 10 Home [1803] not in S mode, but cannot get them to network properly. After much research in this Community: (1) settings in Network and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings are: Private: on & on; Guest or Public:...
  4. Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem

Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem: Hi, I have a home network with 1 pc (win10), 1 PC (XP), new router (with attached storage) and various other non windows devices. The relevant networking connections are all via a (wired) Lan. The behaviour of the PCs is: The router can see all the devices inc both...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems

Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems: When trying to access Windows 10 Pro 1803 files on another computer, I get this message. " Windows cannot access ||DESKTOP-------. Contact Network Administrator to gain access." I have tried. I need to know how to grant access, I am the only admin in this office. What...
  6. wondows 10 1803 network problem solved and works

wondows 10 1803 network problem solved and works: my solution works and works perfectly. forget the crap that these so called mscp's etc give out its total crap and DOES NOT WORK END OF if your an end user and want to know private message me I will not paste the solution here as MS have deleted my last thread as I know...
  7. Network Problems after 1803

Network Problems after 1803: Split from this thread. Microsoft is aware of reports that devices running Windows 10 version 1803 cannot connect to other devices on their home network and is investigating the issue. You can resolve this problem by setting some services to Automatic (Delayed Start)...
  8. Viewing pictures and videos with Windows 10 1803...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Viewing pictures and videos with Windows 10 1803...: I am not certain where this issue should be posted, mods please move it... I have updated a Windows 7 PC after repairing some issues to Windows 10, version 1803, details here: https://www.sevenforums.com/windows-...ty-update.html The system works for the most part, except...
  9. network viewing problem

network viewing problem: I have 3 computers, 2 of the computers can see the other computes in both the network and home group, my computer that I created the homegroup on can see all, but cannot see all 2 computer only 2 I have checked setting and all are set the same, I have tried disabling both...
  10. Viewing Network in Windows 10

Viewing Network in Windows 10: I am sorry if this is a basic question but google seems unable to reveal a concrete answer. I have yet to get a windows 10 machine but with all the changes to the start menu I am familiar with in Windows 7 one thing worries me. I like to browse our networked computers and NAS...