Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I accidentally converted a child local account on the laptop to use MS one. I tried to look in "Your info" in Setting as it has been posted online,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LeoG71, Jul 14, 2018.

1. LeoG71 Win User

Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account

Hi

I accidentally converted a child local account on the laptop to use MS one. I tried to look in "Your info" in Setting as it has been posted online, I don't see "Sign in with a local account instead"

What am I missing?

:)

LeoG71, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account :(

Zakin, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account - Similar Threads - 1803 Revert local

2. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  3. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  4. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10: I tried Windows 11 on my Dell XPS, but things just weren't working right, to be brief. So, I chose the revert back to Windows 10 option. Good thing I backed up my data because, despite them saying it shouldn't cause any issues, it messed up my entire computer at the boot...
  6. Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10: I tried Windows 11 on my Dell XPS, but things just weren't working right, to be brief. So, I chose the revert back to Windows 10 option. Good thing I backed up my data because, despite them saying it shouldn't cause any issues, it messed up my entire computer at the boot...
  7. Is it possible to revert a Microsoft-associated account back to a local acct?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to revert a Microsoft-associated account back to a local acct?: I upgraded from Windows 7 at long last a few days ago, but I’m having problems... In setting up all of my personal settings etc., I connected my local account (ported from windows 7) to what I thought was my only Microsoft account. Turns out I have two, and I accidentally...
  8. Reverting back to local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reverting back to local account: I inadvertently bought in to the request to sign in with a Microsoft account instead of my local account. When trying to use my local account at the log in I don't get the option to log in as another user and my old local account is all messed up....
  9. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...
  10. How to revert account back to local

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to revert account back to local: I've downloaed an app from the store and this made my local account to be authenticated against my Microsoft-account. How can I revert back the account to be a local account? Thanks in advance Olli 11266

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1803

2. how to change the account to a local account in v1803

3. how to revert back to build 1803

4. revert back to local acount,
  5. how to revert to windows 1803,
  6. revert back to local account 1903,
  7. revert to local account windows 10,
  8. revert windows 10 account to local,
  9. windows 10 revert to local account,
  10. windows 1803 sign in with a local account instead missing,
  11. windows 10 revert back to existing local user windows alread using,