Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 Screen Flickering - Only when using Dual Monitors

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 Screen Flickering - Only when using Dual Monitors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Everybody, I am aware that when upgrading from an older Win10 to a newer one there is a screen flickering issue, which I was getting and couldnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mjfrostphotos, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1803 Screen Flickering - Only when using Dual Monitors

Hi Everybody,

I am aware that when upgrading from an older Win10 to a newer one there is a screen flickering issue, which I was getting and couldnt find a fix, until I un-plugged my second monitor and that solved it.

In Win10 1607 never had an issue.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

I am using a AMD Raedon R9 200 Series Card. Main Monitor is using the Display Port and Secondary was using the D-Sub Connection.

When its just one monitor all works fine, when the second one(D-Sub) is plugged in the flickering starts, but only on the background and menu bar and no desktop Icons/Shortcuts are shown, also if I have a window open, firefox for example or even device manager, it will not flicker and can continue to use.

I have tried 3 different D-Sub cables and all the same, I even tried the HDMI and D-Sub from the graphics card and still the same, and tried the HDMI and DisplayPort and again the same flickering. Graphics card has the latest drivers installed.

When Booting and going through BIOS all looks okay, its just after I login to Windows it starts, and of course all works fine in Safe Mode.

I can only guess its the graphics card or still an app in windows thats causing the issue as its doesnt affect an open window like firefox, also I dont have the IDT Audio, Norton or icloud on my computer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

mjfrostphotos, Jan 6, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10 1803 Screen Flickering - Only when using Dual Monitors

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 Screen Flickering - Only when using Dual Monitors

1. Windows 10 1803 Screen Flickering - Only when using Dual Monitors - Similar Threads - 1803 Screen Flickering

2. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  3. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  4. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  6. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  7. Dual Monitor flickering when extended

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty or what ever...
  8. Dual monitor flickering when extended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty (or what ever...
  9. Screen Flickering Issues Windows 10 Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Issues Windows 10 Dual Monitor: Hello, So I recently purchased a new 1070 Ti graphics card for my PC. I was able to install it without a hitch. I have installed every available windows driver and restarted my PC several times. The main issue is that when I get into certain screens in games, like being...
  10. Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker: I have recently set up a second monitor which is identical to my first and now whenever i try to go fullscreen in some things such as twitch, youtube, the photos app, osu and much more the screens flicker on and off as if trying to change resolutions. Sometimes its so bad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor flickering windows 10 hdmi

2. dual monitor flickering windows 10

3. 2nd monitor flickering windows 10

4. windows 10 secondary monitor flickering,
  5. second monitor flashing windows 10,
  6. windows 10 only flicker on one monitor,
  7. dual monitor one screen flikering,
  8. windows 10 dual monitor flickers displayport,
  9. screen flickering windows 10 on hdmi port only,
  10. windows 10 two monitors second screen blinking,
  11. windows 10 upgrade monitors flickering,