Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 Software Restriction Policy no longer being developed.

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 Software Restriction Policy no longer being developed. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone explain this to me on what they mean be no longer being developed? Currently we have computers from windows 7 to 10 up to 1709 and a couple... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jpedersm, Mar 11, 2019.

1. jpedersm Win User

Windows 10 1803 Software Restriction Policy no longer being developed.

Can someone explain this to me on what they mean be no longer being developed? Currently we have computers from windows 7 to 10 up to 1709 and a couple 10 boxes on 1803. All of these have Software Restriction Policy's applied to them and are working.

:)

jpedersm, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Vinny_715 Win User

Question regarding Software Restriction Policy

My laptop is running Windows 10 Pro system, and I was trying to set some software restrictions. In the Additional Rules (Local Security Policy>Software Restriction Policies>Additional Rules), I set both default hash rules to Basic User. When I restarted
    my laptop, Windows loads and goes into a blank screen after. It doesn't load the login screen. Is there a way around this? Unfortunately, I forgot to do a System Restore before making these adjustments.

Hash rules:

%HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRoot%

%HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir%

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Vinny_715, Mar 11, 2019
  3. How to enable developer mode in Windows 10

Hi Roshan,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below to enable Developer Mode via Group Policy and check.

1. Open Group Policy Editor and navigate to the following setting:

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > App Package Deployment

2. You will need to edit and Enable the following two policies

• Allow all trusted apps to install
    • Allows development of Windows Store apps and installing them from an integrated development environment (IDE

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1803 Software Restriction Policy no longer being developed.

Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Thanks again for the reply.

I followed your suggested steps, but even though the user shows as being added and active it does not appear on the sign in page as an alternative account.

Maybe I am giving the command in the wrong directory. When I boot into the recovery environment the directory in command prompt is: x:\windows\system32

I ran the command from here. But the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

I also used the diskpart and list volume command to check on which partition windows is installed. I changed directory to c:\> and again followed your steps. But again the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

Can you please give me more instructions on how to remedy my foolish Group Policy restriction?

OROB_KEIMOES, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 Software Restriction Policy no longer being developed.

1. Windows 10 1803 Software Restriction Policy no longer being developed. - Similar Threads - 1803 Software Restriction

2. Family Safety restrictions despite no longer being in one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety restrictions despite no longer being in one: Hello to all who read this post.10 years ago I used to be in a Microsoft Family Group with a parent as the head/adult of the group. Recently I was removed from that Family Group I requested to be so. Despite that, I continue to have restrictions in both settings and on...
  3. Family Safety restrictions despite no longer being in one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety restrictions despite no longer being in one: Hello to all who read this post.10 years ago I used to be in a Microsoft Family Group with a parent as the head/adult of the group. Recently I was removed from that Family Group I requested to be so. Despite that, I continue to have restrictions in both settings and on...
  4. Family Safety restrictions despite no longer being in one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Development of innovative Software

Development of innovative Software: My name is G.P and I’m a civil engineer. Over many years of heavy involvement in the Construction Industry and large scale Civil Engineering Projects both in Greece and abroad and the vast experience accumulated thereof, it was rendered possible to elaborate and develop such...
  6. Development of innovative Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Development of innovative Software: My name is G.P and I’m a civil engineer. Over many years of heavy involvement in the Construction Industry and large scale Civil Engineering Projects both in Greece and abroad and the vast experience accumulated thereof, it was rendered possible to elaborate and develop such...
  7. Implementation of Software Restriction Policy in Windows 10 pro

Implementation of Software Restriction Policy in Windows 10 pro: HI Microsoft Team, Can we use Software Restriction Policy SRP in windows 10 pro, version1909 to block/ restrict built-in apps permanently? Regards Kishor K....
  8. Windows 10 Software developer

Windows 10 Software developer: Hi There, i contracted an overseas freelance programmer to develop a windows application for me, he has done an excellent job and has delivered everything in the application which i asked for in around 130 hours. How can i be sure that when i install this app it doesn't have...
  9. Software Development

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Software Development: Is somebody interested in forming a team to develop a new program ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-development/78aa33f7-402b-4124-b3ce-d8d845f7b41c"
  10. VoodooShield & Simple Software-restriction Policy & EMET

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VoodooShield & Simple Software-restriction Policy & EMET: Hi, Can someone say please if there are any advantages/advantages of using these three together active in the same time on Windows 10 64-bit Home edition? 1. VoodooShield VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock. 2. Simple Software-restriction...