Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 Surface Pro 4 BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 Surface Pro 4 BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the above model and yesterday I started getting the above mentioned error. Only 1 device was plugged in, Nikon D800E via USB I transferred my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RSC49, Sep 5, 2018.

1. RSC49 Win User

Windows 10 1803 Surface Pro 4 BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I have the above model and yesterday I started getting the above mentioned error.

Only 1 device was plugged in, Nikon D800E via USB I transferred my pictures to the Surface then closed the application.

Then disconnected the camera.

Not long after the error messages started.

I don't know if I have a restore point to go back to.

The BSOD appears even if I switched and don't login, it still appears.

The Surface is fully patched.

:)

RSC49, Sep 5, 2018

2. Surface Pro, BSOD after 1803 Update

So after another day of wasted time trying to work out whats causing these BSOD's and reading this post, which looks like lots of people are having the same issue,

1803-bsod-on-new-surface-pro-frequently

I decided to try to go back to 1709.

I download the Surface Pro Recovery image as described above, however it is 1703 not 1709. I went ahead and reinstalled everything and then used wumt to stop the 1803 update from downloading.

The only problem is that the 1709 update doesn't seem to want to appear in the windows update list anymore.

So now I stuck on 1703. Very frustrating, I'll head to my local Microsoft Store tomorrow and see If they can create a USB with the 1709 update for me...

Anyone else have any ideas on how to get windows update to do its job.

Adrian_1969, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Surface Pro, BSOD after 1803 Update

I have a brand new (2 weeks old) Surface Pro (i5 with LTE), which was working fine on 1709, but after the 1803 upgrade I started to get random regular (10-15 mins) BSOD.

After a complete rebuild of the OS with a clean install of windows 10 1803 things seemed to better, slowing the BSOD's to (30-60 mins), but still occuring

I went to the Microsoft Store and they swapped the unit for a brand new one, saying BSOD's were Hardware related, however after this new unit finished it's 1803 update, it started doing the same thing!

I only see "Stop errors" like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, but no sign of what process is causing the error or and DMP files...

Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this issue, or fault find further?

Adrian_1969, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1803 Surface Pro 4 BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 Surface Pro 4 BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

1. Windows 10 1803 Surface Pro 4 BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Similar Threads - 1803 Surface Pro

2. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: I currently own a Surface Pro 4 i5/8gb/256gb that I am considering selling. I am planning to buy a used Surface Pro 4 that has i7/16gb/512gb as an upgrade. My question is: will I have to buy a copy of Windows 10 to install on the used Surface that I buy or do I somehow...
  3. Surface Pro 4 still on Windows 1803. Updates fails at 94%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 4 still on Windows 1803. Updates fails at 94%: I know this has most likely been disussed many times but I thought I'd at least try asking the question here. My Surface Pro 4 has tried mulitple times over the last year or so to update to the latest version of Windows. It always fails at the very end. It gets to 94%, then...
  4. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  5. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  6. Question regarding Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10 B: 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10 B: 1803: I have 3 Surface Pro 4's running Windows 10 1803 build, all three are experiencing the same issue and once we downloaded the 1803 build on them the Quick Access stopped working. There is no error it acts as if it normally would upon pinning something to it minus the fact of...
  7. Cursor flicker on surface pro 4 after installing 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor flicker on surface pro 4 after installing 1803: Cursor flicker appeared after installing 1803. Reverting to 1709 did not resolve the flicker. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cursor-flicker-on-surface-pro-4-after-installing/d985ee8d-71b8-4963-b357-cf106794d487
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  9. BSOD on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Surface Pro 4: I'm having issues with UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, plus the graphics have gone off and then recovered several times. I have attached the report 32691
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows surface bsod memory_management

2. windows 10 page fault in nonpaged area

3. osd windows 10 1803 surface pro 4

4. surface pro 4 bsod pfn_list_corrupt,
  5. page fault in nonpaged area windows10,
  6. page fault in non paged area installing win 10 1803 update,
  7. win 10 feature update v1803 page fault in non paged area,
  8. windows 10 surface pro 1803 case,
  9. surface pro page-fault-in-non-paged-area,
  10. surface pro 4 bsod memory_management,
  11. Windows surface pro bugchcheck,